DataCamp is on a mission to make the world data fluent by building the future of scalable data education, assessments, certification and collaboration tools for data professionals. Since our launch more than 10 million learners around the world have completed hundreds of millions of DataCamp content items, and over 2,500 businesses and government entities worldwide use DataCamp to make their teams and organizations data fluent.
We will be massively scaling those numbers in 2022 and beyond, and want you to be a part of it!
About the role:
As a Data Literacy and Essentials Content Developer, it’s your responsibility to work closely with our subject matter experts to build the best courses the world has ever seen! You will manage the course development process following the team’s initial planning phase, acting as a reviewer, thought partner, and (most importantly) an advocate for our students.
- Manage the course development process from post-planning through course launch
- Work closely with subject matter experts to make courses interactive and engaging
- Provide critical feedback on learning content submitted by subject matter experts and colleagues
- Keep subject matter experts on schedule to ensure timely delivery of course content
- Create interactive exercises and record screencasts for Data Literacy and Essentials courses
- Monitor key metrics of courses after launch and perform maintenance accordingly
- Make data-driven suggestions for course improvements based on student feedback and engagement data
- Collaborate with the Engineering team to solve technical issues and the Product team to improve the learning experiences of courses
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a data role as an analyst or in a similar capacity
- Familiarity with SQL (it’s a plus if you have experience with Python or R)
- Strong command of English, both written and verbal
- Passion for online education, including experience completing courses from DataCamp and/or other providers
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A collaborative mindset - you know when to push back, challenge an idea, and seek out a compromise, and do so positively and for the benefit of the team and the company
- Motivated to continuously improve their own data skills
- Comfort giving and receiving constructive feedback
What's in it for you:
In addition to joining a creative and international start-up, as a permanent employee you’ll enjoy:
- A very competitive salary and stock options
- An exciting job that will offer you technical challenges every day
- Flexible working hours
- International company retreats
- Conference and hardware budget
- Working with a great team (everyone says this, but we’re serious—we’re pretty great)
DataCamp is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.