DT Global works in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative solutions that transform lives. DT Global - launched in 2019 - is built on legacy companies AECOM’s International Development Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of 2,500 staff and experts work in over 90 countries. We bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. Together, we aim to positively impact 500 million lives by 2045.
USAID in Sri Lanka:
To strengthen democratic governance, USAID partners with the people of Sri Lanka to improve the responsiveness of government institutions and increases informed public participation in governance processes. Responding to good governance and vulnerable population needs, USAID activities build a robust civil society; increase access to balanced, accurate information through the media; promote dialogue, conflict mitigation, and social cohesion among multi-ethnic communities; and build local capacity for disaster response and risk reduction.
DT Global seeks applicants for a USAID-funded, Colombo-based civic engagement program. The program will primarily focus on providing small grants to expand the range of civil society actors that have a voice in national reform processes, support advocacy for democratic values and accountable governance, and promote opportunities for constructive citizen participation in governance issues. The program will support collaboration between Sri Lankan civil society organizations (CSOs) and CSO-led networks to engage proactively and constructively on issues related to political and governance reforms, raise awareness of the rights and responsibilities of citizens, and engage with the government on key reform issues.
The Program Development Officer (PDO) will lead communications with local partners and work closely with members of the Grants Management Unit (GMU), inclusive of Learning, Grants and Procurement teams to oversee activity design and implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential program partners, and work with them to design and develop grant concepts and activities, through networking and outreach, under the overall direction of the Deputy Chief of Party-Program, USAID staff and other program representatives.
- Consistently develop strategically relevant concepts that respond to the established program goals and objectives. Demonstrate high level of understanding of USAID grant regulations and other considerations that may impact activity design and work closely with the Grants Team to proactively address these issues. This includes doing activity write-ups and supporting due diligence processes.
- Demonstrate high level of understanding of prior implementation challenges and actively incorporate lessons learned into the design of new activities. Proactively share lessons learned across the program and contribute to the development of new tools and knowledge that can be integrated into program’s M&E function.
- Actively participate in the problem solving and troubleshooting throughout the grant cycle to assure implementation remains within the spirit of the original design concept. Provide technical assistance to grantees and potential grantees as required, throughout the activity cycle, in coordination with other staff.
- Closely analyze the Sri Lanka’s rapidly changing environment on an ongoing basis, and contribute to rolling assessments, strategic review sessions, and recurring meetings.
- Facilitate and maintain linkages and networking among various actors. Support collaboration with partners, government, and other key stakeholders as a base for building/maintaining/expanding overall program impact.
- Use an Activity Database to document and monitor activity updates, in close coordination with other GMU team members.
- Work closely with MEL team to coordinate monitoring of the activities under implementation to ensure that they meet activity and program objectives and produce regular site visit reports.
- Coordinate with grants and procurement staff to provide sufficient written information for negotiation memos and all relevant contract documents as possible.
- Travel to project’s areas of operation as directed.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Education and certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field preferred.
Key Position Competencies and Experience:
- Five years of relevant experience preferred.
- Experience working with local organizations or community-based groups in a relevant field, including but not limited to community engagement, civic education, or advocacy.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of local and country context and social conditions in Sri Lanka, with the ability to think creatively in conceptualizing relevant activity ideas.
- Experience in working with local partners on project design and implementation of activities preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Fluent written and spoken English and fluency in Sinhala and/or Tamil required.
- Ability to effectively use computer software and MS Office application applications. Willingness to learn how to use the program’s Activity Database.
- Ability/willingness to travel throughout project operations areas if needed. Position open to Sri Lanka nationals only.
DT Global Core Competencies:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally Demonstrates effective use of skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.