Hi, we’re Rebekah and Kaleb, SDR Hiring Team at Customer.io. We’re looking for Sales Development Representatives (SDR) to join our growing Outbound Team.
At Customer.io, our Outbound Team plays a crucial role in the growth of our premium business by researching, prospecting, and booking discovery calls with leads in our target market. You won't necessarily be a data or technical expert, but having a good understanding of our ideal customer profile and product value to a prospect's business will be important.
Some things you'll do
- Prospecting: Use our tech stack (Apollo, LinkedIN SalesNav, Salesforce, Crunchbase, etc.) to identify and create an ongoing list of new leads in our target market in order to book qualified sales meeting for our Sales Executives
- Team Engagement: Collaborate with the team to hone and develop new and meaningful outreach strategies
- Work with Sales Executives to understand prospect goals, challenges, and use cases
- Gain product knowledge with internal training (via SDR Team/Sales Enablement)
- Outreach: Focus on daily activities such as email, calling, and LinkedIn to connect with your prospect where they are most likely to respond
- Key Performance Indicator minimum expectations: 100 dials per week, 200 Emails per week, 50 LinkedIn tasks per week
- Give real-time feedback on outreach learnings and insights with the sales and marketing team
- You're personable and outgoing - As a 100% remote company most of our meetings are virtual and would love to see your personality shine through the camera
- You take accountability when it comes to managing your workload and numbers
- You're naturally curious and willing to ask questions
- You're always learning, whether it's about the product or use cases and how we help our customers and potential prospects
- You're an outside-the-box thinker and willing to try new and creative approaches to cold outreach
What we're looking for
- Experience with or knowledge of marketing automation platforms
- Previous work for a SaaS company, or understanding of more technical platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated with a self-starting attitude
- Mid-market + Enterprise prospecting a plus
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 4,700 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of emails, SMS, push notifications, and in-app messages. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $60,000 USD + OTE.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company meetups twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and summer, and are planning for our summer 2023 meetup!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.Join us!
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!How to apply
Apply at the link below and tell us why you're interested in the position! We plan to respond to all applicants with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30-minute video call with Maria Diaz, Recruiter
- 60-minute video call with Rebekah & Kaleb, Hiring Team
- 30-minute interview
- 20-minute role play
- 10 minutes for closing remarks and questions
- 30-minute final video call with the Hiring Team