What you'll do:
- Build and lead a sales team that connects Culture’s technology with customers.
- Manage the sales process, run sales pipeline meetings, and get in the weeds on every deal.
- Lead collaboration discussions and deal negotiations with key customers.
- Collaborate with executive leadership, marketing, and product to build our product positioning, messaging, customer targeting, and overall commercial strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities and business strategies for Culture.
- Lead our client success team to manage existing client relationships and find new opportunities for Culture to support them with products and services.
- Travel as necessary for client meetings and conferences.
- You have 15+ years of experience working in B2B sales and business development and have experience managing reports and building teams.
- Have a strong understanding of pharmaceutical companies' needs, particularly in the bioprocess and manufacturing space.
- You have a track record of leading sales teams that deliver on revenue targets.
- You have extensive experience selling into both large and mid-size biopharma companies.
- You’re passionate, or curious, about how biomanufacturing can make an impact on climate change, human health, food systems, and materials.
- You’re an empathetic, self-reflective leader, able to communicate and understand a diverse group of employees.
In return, we offer a supportive environment. We value:
- Lifting each other up and enabling others to be their best
- Commitment to reliability
- Empowering ownership to drive progress
- Trying new things; big innovations start with small ideas and actions
Location & Schedule:
- This is a hybrid or remote position depending on candidates’ location. For hybrid candidates, we’re looking for someone based in the San Francisco Bay Area who is able to work in person at our office in South San Francisco at least 3 days per week. For candidates outside of the SF Bay Area, we would expect travel of at least 1 week per month to our South San Francisco office.
Base Salary Range:
- Culture Biosciences's compensation package includes market competitive salary, equity for all full time roles, and great benefits. If you are located in the San Francisco Bay Area, our expected base salary for this role is $230,000 - $280,000 with commission upside. We are hiring for multiple levels and backgrounds so final offers may vary within the range provided based on experience, expertise, and other factors.
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care FSA (prorated based on start-date)
- 401(k) plan with company match
- 3 weeks of accrued paid time off, 10 paid company holidays and a week-long winter break
- 12 weeks of parental leave at full salary
- Annual L&D stipend for conferences, continuing education, etc.
- WFH stipend of $500 for home office improvements
- For onsite employees:
- Commuter benefits
- Access to on-site child care facility, subject to availability
- Free onsite breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee, and gym (varies based on COVID-19 restrictions)
Culture Biosciences provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. We seek to build a company that promotes inclusion and expands the diversity of our industry as a whole. We encourage people with identities underrepresented in biotech and technology to apply.