Our client, a leading global provider of cloud-based software solutions, is seeking a Senior Writer/Editor.
This is a fully remote, long-term contract role. Candidates must live in the Eastern time zone (EST).
The Writer/Editor will use their exceptional editing, copyediting, proofreading, writing, and content strategy skills to help market our client’s products and services to firms in the professional and financial services industries.
This role sits in the Editorial team, part of the Creative team within our client’s Marketing organization. This team works closely with colleagues in Design, Web Production, and Communications to support the content-development needs of stakeholders throughout the company.
Selected applicants will need to complete a writing/editing assessment as part of the selection process.
What the Writer/Editor will do:
- Edit, copyedit, and proofread a wide variety of content, including sales and marketing collateral, event materials, web pages, blog posts, case studies, thought leadership, video projects, and other related content.
- Coordinate with stakeholders, writers, designers, and other creative colleagues; juggle multiple projects and deadlines; and keep editorial leadership apprised of progress.
- Create compelling content and apply best practices across all projects.
What you bring to the table:
- Editorial skill — You possess strong line-editing and copyediting skill, as well as excellent writing and project management skills.
- Project management skill — You can balance multiple tasks and keep them on track to meet deadlines.
- A journalistic mindset — You’re comfortable interviewing experts on a variety of technical and business topics, then synthesizing and transforming the information into compelling content.
- A collaborative spirit — You enjoy working with experts to bring their ideas into the world, and coaching writers to bring out their best work.
- A sense of style — You’re familiar with the AP Stylebook, as well as the use and maintenance of an in-house style guide.
- Technical savvy — You’re proficient in web publishing (we use WordPress) and general business software (we use Microsoft Office); you have intermediate-to-expert ability with Microsoft Word; you’re deeply comfortable with remote work tools (we use Microsoft Teams and Zoom) and project management software (we currently use Asana, and will be moving to RoboHead in coming weeks).
- A curious mind — You’re interested in learning about our technology and industries, and building product knowledge to collaborate with technical marketers.
- Availability to work 30-40 hrs/week — You’re able to work during standard business hours (EST) in a home office location where you’re comfortable receiving frequent video calls and conducting interviews.
- 6+ years' experience.
- Writing/editing experience in the Tech space – Saas, Cloud types of companies.
- Experience creating and optimizing content for search (SEO).
- Background in content direction for short-form video projects.
- A portfolio of byline articles — preferably in top-tier industry titles or national media — and related thought leadership pieces written on behalf of executives and/or industry experts.
- Familiarity with editing and upleveling Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- An understanding of vocabulary and concepts within the professional services (legal, accounting, and consulting) industry and/or private equity markets.