ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net/.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced hands-on support engineer capable of independently identifying team technical needs. The candidate will work closely with Customer Success Leaders, Engineering team for the products he/she will be engaged with and regional Business Leads to ensure the team meets all the internal and external commitments and it has the knowledge and capabilities to deliver best in class support to our customers.
Responsibilities will include:
- Hands-on technical support activities
- Act as an escalation point for customer complaints
- As part of a global support team, working on establishing operational protocols and standards
- Assist with mentoring a team of technical support engineers
- 8+ years of experience in technical customer support roles
- Experience with at least one of the following database technologies - MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
- Solid understanding with any of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, container-orchestration, distributed system, and microservice architecture
- Experience with or knowledge of Linux operating systems
- Technical aptitude, ability, and passion for learning new software and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to think on feet and resolve issues in a fast-paced environment
- Experience leading support projects and activities with customers
Nice to have:
- Technological degree in Computer science or equivalent
- Experience with cloud computing, especially AWS
- Understanding of Ethereum, Ethereum development, and the blockchain ecosystem
- Familiarity and interest in non-hierarchical decision-making and decentralized systems
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found here.