At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Solution Specialists, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences. The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
What you'll do
As a Secure Access Service Edge (SASE) and Cloud Email Security (CES) Sales Specialist you will be responsible for leading and driving the SASE/CES portfolio in your territory, leveraging on multiple routes-to-market including direct and with AEs, BDRs and Partners. In this role, you will serve as the “go-to” sales and solution expert on SASE/CES with customers and the account teams. The ideal candidate will possess both a hunter mindset and solution sales background, to drive engagement with decision-makers and influencers within security, networking, IT and operations.
- Present to customers as an expert of our SASE/CES platform with a focus on zero trust network access, secure web gateway, network-as-a-service and email security
- Present a compelling business case in the customer hierarchy, from security professionals to CXOs planning to address transformational events such as cloud migration, remote worker shift, business continuity and the adoption of zero trust security architectures
- Develop a sales plan that is based on regional planning and pipeline focusing on Cloudflare’s SASE/CES platform
- Foster growth and track activity and sales pipeline by influencing and engaging with internal account teams, customers, prospects and key partners
- Prepare and provide regular business reviews to the management team highlighting attainment progress and challenges to closing business and ensuring customer success
The SASE/CES Sales Specialist is an overlay sales pursuit role that leads and supports sales delivery of carried quota. In order to be successful, you will need to be a thought leader, trusted advisor and spokesperson for Cloudflare One and Area 1.
- 8-10+ years experience selling and supporting the sales of cyber security, networking, identity management, cloud, SaaS solutions or email security.
- Experience in building territory plans, prospecting and bringing in new logos in a competitive market.
- Subject matter expert in areas such as enterprise networking, network security, IT security, zero trust network access and email security (while not a technical solution engineering role, a background in and/or understanding of the technology underlying SASE/CES is important).
- Knowledge of key market players/competitors in the software defined networking, zero trust and cybersecurity solution spaces.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop/execute corresponding objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communications, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- University Degree or equivalent.
- 30% - 40% travel when it is safe.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.