At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Role
We announced Cloudflare Workers in 2017 — since then it’s played a key role in Cloudflare’s strategy for entering the compute market. Until the launch of Workers, as Cloudflare was ramping up its capabilities in the performance and security spaces, it became clear that developers needed more ways to control the edge than rules engines could support. Workers has allowed Cloudflare to add programmability to the edge such that developers could have access to writing logic on the edge in their preferred way — through code.
Over the past few years, Workers has grown from a simple functions-as-a-service option into a fully blown full-stack platform. With any application, however, in addition to serverless compute, you need to be able to manage state. =
In 2020, Cloudflare released Durable Objects, providing a new primitive to customers to be able to store state alongside a Worker. In 2022, Cloudflare also released D1 — built on Durable Objects, D1 is Cloudflare’s first foray into providing a managed database solution.
In this role, you’ll be helping define the future of D1 and Durable Objects, making sure we’re focused on the highest priority projects to enable developers to build full stack applications.
What You’ll Do
- Help drive prioritization of projects Durable Objects and D1, balancing shipping useful features to customers and engineering priorities
- Lead projects from ideation through launch, and continuing through ongoing maintenance and support
- Develop and nurture relationships with engineering and coordinate closely to ensure successful delivery of product
- Partner with other departments such as Product Marketing, Marketing, Community & developer advocacy, Sales, and Customer Support to drive adoption with and gather feedback from customers and prospects
- Ruthlessly prioritize across a complex environment of diverse customers, stakeholders and objectives
- Represent the company externally as needed, including meetings with customers and prospects and analysis
- Delve into market research to drive new investments opportunities
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get alignment, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details.
- BS/MS in a technology field.
- Professional product management experience
- Proven track record of shipping products from ideation to launch
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals
- Customer focus — you’ll be working directly, and often be a part of the customers team in helping them get their initial implementation off the ground
- Strong technical abilities. You are intimately familiar with modern software development practices used to build and deploy applications. You are capable of wading into the details & understanding engineering decisions’ impact on the product, but can also drive 30k foot view
- Experience building great user, and especially developer experiences; drives elegant, simple interactions
- Experience using developer tools (such as source-control management tools, CLIs, etc), and empathy for developers and challenges they face today
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer, but at various times the voice of marketing, finance, engineering, support and ops. You must be able to channel many points of view.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
126.96.36.199: We released 188.8.131.52 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.