At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Do you love solving complex technical issues and interacting with people? Are you passionate about providing premium-level support to customers and are a standout colleague? Cloudflare is seeking an experienced Network Security Engineer to join our team and support our largest and most technically sophisticated customers in resolving technical problems, threats or attacks on their infrastructure at OSI Layers 3, 4, and 7. This will span the range of Cloudflare products from Magic Transit Infrastructure Protection, Argo Smart Routing, DDoS mitigation and Network Firewall, to using the Web Application firewall (WAF), Spectrum and Rate Limiting to help customers.Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Self-driven and capable of learning new technologies / systems / features with little guidance
- Fundamental understanding how the Internet works (OSI Model)
- Advanced understanding of modern internet protocols like TCP and UDP
- Computer Networking fundamentals, experience with iptables and looking glass
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues, BGP routing, and GRE tunnels
- Packet capture analysis
- Experience in command line and tools, including curl, dig, traceroute, openssl, git
- Experience troubleshooting DNS, SSL / TLS, HTTP
- Experience in a web development and / or hosting environment such as installing and configuring web servers like Apache, Nginx, Caddy and IIS
- Experience in working as part of a team in a customer-facing role
- Communicate with customers via chat, email, and phone
- DDoS mitigation for OSI layers 3,4, & 7: advise customers on how to filter malicious traffic using Cloudflare tools like Magic Transit, Network Firewall, WAF, IP reputation lists, packet inspection, blocklisting, allowlisting, and rate limiting
- Work with Engineering and Operations teams to mitigate attacks, suggest steps to mitigate, and apply the appropriate mitigation, when applicable
- Work with Engineering and Product teams to improve the products and tools
- You are fluent in German, Japanese, French, Spanish, Portuguese, or Mandarin
- You have worked with PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL, and other database servers
- You are familiar with Cloudflare and are actively using our platform
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
22.214.171.124: We released 126.96.36.199 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.