CloudBees provides the leading software delivery platform for enterprises, enabling them to continuously innovate, compete, and win in a world powered by the digital experience. Designed for the world's largest organizations with the most complex requirements, CloudBees enables software development organizations to deliver scalable, compliant, governed, and secure software from the code a developer writes to the people who use it. The platform connects with other best-of-breed tools, improves the developer experience, and enables organizations to bring digital innovation to life continuously, adapt quickly, and unlock business outcomes that create market leaders and disruptors.
CloudBees was founded in 2010 and is backed by Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Bridgepoint Credit, HSBC, Golub Capital, Delta-v Capital, Matrix Partners, and Lightspeed Venture Partners. Visit www.cloudbees.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
CloudBees customers rely on our Support team to help them be successful in the use of our products. Our team is uniquely positioned to help sustain the company’s growth by providing a customer support experience that surpasses expectations. These positive customer experiences help drive annual renewals and business expansion. A successful Development Support Engineer (DSE) will use their skills and experience to accurately diagnose customer issues and get them resolved in a timely way, to the customer’s satisfaction. In addition, motivated individuals who want to contribute in other ways will have opportunities to work on our collection of internal tools that automate the diagnosis of issues, making the entire team more efficient by reducing manual work.
A typical day in our Support team starts with a scrum meeting where we review open and unassigned cases and help each other with issues we’re stuck on. Working on active cases, we answer basic questions and also troubleshoot problems that range from the mundane to the fiendishly complicated (it helps if you enjoy a good challenge). We collaborate with each other throughout the day, via Slack or video calls. During down time, we build technical knowledge through training and tools development.
CloudBees has been a remote-work-first company since it was founded, and the majority of the DSE team works remotely. The existing team has a mix of backgrounds including system administrators, developers, support engineers, and devops engineers. We strive to provide everyone on the team with interesting challenges, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and a positive work/life balance.
What You'll Do
- Answer customer questions about product usage and best practices
- Diagnose complex technical issues and provide solutions or workarounds
- Communicate with customers through a ticketing system, with phone support sometimes required for complex or urgent issues
- Collaborate frequently with members of the Support and Engineering teams
- Contribute to documentation
- Contribute to internal software tools to automate diagnosis of customer issues
- Work a weekend on-call rotation every 4-8 weeks (daytime hours only)
- Works on large impact and unique issues
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Independently develops new diagnostic techniques for novel issues to be used by wider team and/or customer use.
- Designs and implements sophisticated tools or product features.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments
- May supervise the activities of others
- Accountable for an outcome or performance for a team of people.
- Able to handle the most critical long running escalations with ease and drive them to completion
- Resolves business need through strategic planning
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- Proactively identifies company-wide systemic issues.
- Regularly interacts with and relied upon by senior leadership team across the company, including Customer Success, Sales, Engineering and Product.
What The Role Requires
A successful candidate will have:
- Basic Linux system administration knowledge
- Highly professional communication skills with customers, many times including C-level. (English)
- Able to deal with negative experiences with C-suite or senior director customer participants.
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to build knowledge of new technologies easily
- A sense of empathy with our customers
- Minimum of 12 years of related experience
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator
As previously mentioned, members of our team have a variety of past work experience, and each bring a different mix of skills to our team. The following are some examples of these skills, but by no means do we expect candidates to have all of them. If any of these fit with your experience, we would love to hear from you!
- System administration knowledge, especially Linux, storage, and/or networking
- Good working knowledge of popular DevOps tools and services such as: Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory/Nexus, Kubernetes, git & GitHub
- Knowledge of common enterprise environments & technologies such as LDAP & databases
- Knowledge of common web application architectures, SSL, REST API concepts, etc.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment concepts and practices
- Experience with cloud computing environments
- Programming experience, anything from shell scripting to Java development
- Open source community contributions, especially Jenkins
- Previous experience in customer-facing roles
- Computer Science / IT degree or equivalent work experience
- Certifications: Cloud computing providers, Kubernetes, etc.
What You'll Get
- Gain experience working with and troubleshooting a variety of tools used widely in the tech industry
- Enhance your career by completing industry-recognized technical certifications
- Manage projects and initiatives within the team, contributing to team goals
- Potential future opportunities to grow into management, engineering, or other field roles
- Play a key role in maintaining and growing company revenue over time
At CloudBees, we truly believe that the more diverse we are, the better we serve our customers. A global community like Jenkins demands a global focus from CloudBees. Organizations with greater diversity—gender, racial, ethnic, and global—are stronger partners to their customers. Whether by creating more innovative products, or better understanding our worldwide customers, or establishing a stronger cross-section of cultural leadership skills, diversity strengthens all aspects of the CloudBees organization.
In the technology industry, diversity creates a competitive advantage. CloudBees customers demand technologies from us that solve their software development, and therefore their business problems, so that they can better serve their own customers. CloudBees attributes much of its success to its worldwide work force and commitment to global diversity, which opens our proprietary software to innovative ideas from anywhere. Along the way, we have witnessed firsthand how employees, partners, and customers with diverse perspectives and experiences contribute to creative problem solving and better solutions for our customers and their businesses.