Position Overview:Catch Co. is looking for an Email Marketing Manager who is passionate about delivering customers value through their inbox. The email marketing manager will be communicating with our customers on a weekly basis, generating revenue that is mission critical to the business. As the Senior Email marketer on the team, you will be responsible for leading our email marketing efforts to drive engagement and revenue growth. You will work closely with our marketing and creative teams to develop effective email campaigns that resonate with our existing audience and achieve our revenue goals. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing or building out our team of email marketing specialists, ensuring that they are meeting their objectives and contributing to the success of the email program.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and manage the CRM calendar, ensuring all email campaigns are scheduled in advance and align with business goals. Collaborate with relevant merchants to understand their promotional needs and develop email campaigns that support their initiatives. Work with creative teams to develop email content and ensure it aligns with brand messaging.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase email and SMS engagement rates. Develop targeted email and SMS campaigns that drive revenue and customer acquisition. Analyze and report on email and SMS performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase customer engagement and loyalty through email and SMS communications. Develop targeted email and SMS campaigns that encourage repeat purchases and customer retention. Analyze and report on email and SMS performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and optimization.
- Develop and execute strategies to increase SMS engagement rates and revenue contribution. Work with the Senior Director of Marketing and CMO to develop a roadmap for SMS communications. Partner with relevant teams to ensure compliance with SMS regulations and best practices.
- Collaborate with the Senior Director of Marketing and CMO to develop a comprehensive roadmap for email and CRM communications. Ensure all email and. CRM initiatives align with business goals and support overall marketing strategy. Regularly report on progress against roadmap goals and make recommendations for adjustments as necessary.
- Analyze and report on email and SMS performance metrics to identify areas for improvement and optimization. Conduct in-depth analysis of customer behavior and preferences to inform email and SMS strategy. Use data insights to identify opportunities for growth and improvement across all email and SMS communications.
What Experience You Need:
- 3-4+ years of Email Marketing execution at a consumer focused e-commerce company or similar experience.
- 1 year of management of direct reports in the CRM or email field.
- Functional understandig of test-and-learn methodologies (A/B testing).
- Direct functional expertise in a CRM / retention-focused role, including journey mapping, rewards, consumer insights, data/modeling, SMS, and content.
- Comfort operating in a data-driven environment and experience with segmentation, personalization, and randomized control trials.
- Experience or familiarity with Klaviyo, Simon, or other similar email marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of the fishing industry is a plus, but not a requirement.
What Will Make You Successful:
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Analytical skills and a structured approach to solving problems.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and critically in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Flexibility & adaptability in a fast paced, rapidly changing workplace.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co., our purpose is to rescue humanity from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.Benefits for full-time employees: We believe... ...in rescuing humanity from the indoors
- 3 week “explore your passion” paid sabbatical every 3 years of tenure
- flexible remote work
- “take what you need” paid time off
- 11 annual company holidays
- free Karl’s Club membership and $100 in shopkarls.com credit each year
- free MTB Pro monthly subscription
- various all company outdoor events
- outdoor industry discount program
...In supporting our people, as people
- wellness events through Bright.com
- 401(K) match program and financial planning education
- $600 work from home stipend
- $50/month internet stipend
- medical, dental and vision insurance (premium covered 80-100%)
- paid parental leave
- employee assistance program (EAP)
- health savings accounts or flexible spending accounts
- employer-sponsored disability insurance
- employer-sponsored life insurance
- pet insurance
- pre-tax commuter benefits
- and more optional plans: legal, identity theft, accident, etc
...Our best perk is our community and optimistic coworkers
- core value awards
- team-building events
- incredibly active Slack community
- employee passion groups (ex: Sustainability, Catch Co Gives Back)
- employee resource groups (ERGs) through True Ventures
- history of bass fishing presentations
- peer-led fireside chats
- all company organizational development
- management & leadership development