Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 86 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
About the group/team
The Hardware & Access Management team supports the evaluation, implementation, administration, and ongoing innovation of identity and access technology across our internal IT systems.
We use Okta as our primary IDP, and with the scale of our organisation, we’re constantly integrating new technology and applications behind and in front of it. We’re looking for someone to help continue our investment into scalable identity & access systems and beyond. This includes onboarding & offboarding, entitlement propagation, supporting flexible employment patterns, application integration & access management, and more!
About the role/specialty
We’re looking for a DevOps engineer with experience in designing and building systems that process access requests, entitlements, and provisioning. In doing so, you’ll have a direct impact on the productivity of thousands of Canvanauts across the business, by reducing the ambiguity and inefficiencies that come with having to manage access at a large-scale startup like Canva.
Rather than manual service desks and sending our users to application owners, we want to create systems that make granting access as simple and secure as possible. Our vision is to remove manual processes and approval chains whilst striking a fine balance with security.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Equity packages for you to truly be a part of the Canva journey.
• We have a hybrid work model (in-office & from home), with our offices are always open to you balancing flexibility and connection
• Flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• Inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development.. because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• Virtual and in-office wellness benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs and Fitness & Meditation Classes.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations, Force for Good leave (3 paid volunteering days) and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.