Salary $38,000 - $42,000 a year job type full-time
Us work authorization (required)
Benefits pulled from the full job description
401(k) 401(k) matching dental insurance health insurance paid sick time paid time off
Full job description
Cal engineering solutions, an engineering and consulting firm working in the medium to high voltage power utility industry is seeking applicants for its civil and mechanical engineering positions in estimatingGreat opportunity for new grads!
The work involves the preparation of design packages for construction and/or improvement of electrical systemsThis work normally requires a practical knowledge of engineering & construction methods, company standards, industry rules and regulations.
Rather than requiring advanced engineering knowledge or advanced mathematical calculations, this work follows strict standards and guidelinesIncluding general assignments from the team supervisor, the duties require the use of various software packages and design programs and job aides for preparing design packages for various distribution line design work like pole replacements, equipment and/or hardware replacements, overhead and underground reconductoring, etc.
The duties included are:
· preparing the analysis of problems and preparing layouts in accordance with company standards including showing the plan for the installation of new facilities, or rearrangement of existing facilities
· obtaining joint pole agreements
· initiate right-of-way procedures
· prepare applications for licenses, permits
· proficient utilization of various software and design programs, etcAnd comprehensive understanding and self-training of various proprietary software including but not limited to pls-cadd, pls-pole, pls-tower, o’calc pro, autocad, bently microstation, ms office suite and acrobat pdf (or similar)
· experience needed with electrical power utilities not required but preferred seeking candidates with either civil or mechanical engineering degrees from an accredited universityStrong computer operation knowledge.
· proficient math knowledge
· strong ability to learn specifications, rules and regulations
· ability to quickly learn technical standards and design specifications
· ability to apply standards when creating sketches and drawings
· ability to study and comprehend specifications, rules and regulations
· ability to learn/prepare sketches and layouts for construction
· ability to learn/prepare sketches of electrical systems
· proficiency in english language, both written and verbal, as to support a safe and efficient work environment with co-workers and customers
Traveling may be required for training and job site visitsCompany benefits include paid holidays, paid vacation, health insurance, dental, 401k & paid sick days.
This position will be remote after trainingMust be able to come to atlanta for a few weeks for trainingExpenses covered by company.
* due to government facility work a minimum of permanent residency is preferred
Applicants only acceptedNo recruiters or agency calls/contacts.
Job type: full-time
Job type: full-time
Pay: $38,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Monday to friday
Work location: remote
Application response rate: 61%
Hiring 5 candidates for this role
Posted 2 days ago