Request for Proposal (RFP) for an Organizational Assessment, Recommendations, Implementation Support
Issued by: Cadasta Foundation
Name: Tony Piaskowy
Title: Sr. Director, Operations and Program Impact
Email: tpiaskowy @ cadasta.orgAbout Cadasta Foundation
Cadasta Foundation is a U.S.-based global nonprofit founded in 2015 focused on advancing land and resource rights and tenure security for the 1 billion people in vulnerable communities that lack them. Our core service includes remote and in-person training for partners including local, national, and international NGOs, governments, and private firms on land issues, data collection, and set-up and use of the Cadasta tools. Our international team of technologists, land and development experts has supported more than 100 partners in 40 countries to document the rights of 5 million people and counting.Project Rationale and Objectives
Cadasta seeks a consultant to help us first understand the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats of our internal project management systems, methodologies, processes, and workflows. Secondly, the consultant will help us make project management improvements by introducing tools and conducting training to our team in order to implement use of any tools and strategies.
The consultant will conduct an assessment of current Cadasta project cycles, project management practices, needs, and gaps in order to develop a list of recommendations for improvement. Cadasta currently uses both agile and predictive project management processes and seeks to better integrate them to ensure clear and effective management of both small and large projects, including donor-funded grants and contracts.
In addition to the assessment and recommendations, the consultant will work with management to develop relevant tools and templates that will improve project management across the organization and will also deliver training sessions to the Cadasta team on using the proposed tools and templates and to build greater project management capacity in the organization. The training sessions will need to be delivered in a remote environment with interactive activities and allowances to include participant feedback.
This part-time consultancy is anticipated to start in April 2022 and extend for up to six months, depending on identified needs, implementation of solutions, and timing of deliverables. Flexibility in the approach and adaptation to evolving needs will be important. The consultant will work with the Sr. Director of Operations, senior leadership, and the program and technology services teams. Some in-person meetings during the assessment phase could occur in the DC area, if the consultant is also based in the DC area.Project Scope of Work and Outcomes 1. Situation Analysis
Scope: The consultant will work with Cadasta to conduct an analysis of current Cadasta project management practices to develop a set of improvement recommendations.
Tasks and Deliverables:
1. Group and individual meetings with Cadasta team members to collect observations
2. Reviews of current projects and project materials by type, project cycle, and project funding requirements as they relate to Cadasta’s ability to effectively manage current and new contracts/grants
3. Develop a report that outlines major project management needs and current deficiencies (e.g. SWOT or other analysis)
4. Put forth a set of recommendations and guidance on staffing, organizational structure, training, tools, and processes or policies to improve project management at Cadasta
Scope: Based on the recommended improvement recommendations, the consultant will develop relevant implementation steps, proposed tools, and necessary actions that will improve project management and project implementation coordination across the organization.
Tasks and Deliverables:
1. Set of guidelines and/or processes to improve management and coordination of project implementation
2. Documentation and other tools or templates, as identified as necessary in the analysis stage
Scope: Based on the tools and templates created to address the analysis recommendations, the consultant will develop and lead a series of training sessions. The sessions will train staff to use the tools developed and advise on how to incorporate them into their work processes.
Tasks and Deliverables:
1. 8 hours of training for all individuals in organization that play a role in project management
2. 4 hours of training for supervisors and/or project management champions
3. Possible revisions to the analysis recommendations after conclusion of training sessions
4. Recommendations for further training, such as PMP or other project management training.
Please submit application materials in English by March 22, 2022 to Tony Piaskowy at tpiaskowy @ cadasta.org: