Develop, Coach, Lead. Drive Growth.
CB Insights is looking for a highly skilled and experienced Sales Leader to help develop and lead our critical Strategic Account Executive team (SAE team).
The role you'll play:
The Strategic Accounts team “lands-and-expands” CB Insight’s largest global accounts through an account-based sales and service motion. This account-based model is grounded in a collaborative Strategic Account Executive (SAE), Strategic Account Manager (SAM), and Sales Development Representative (SDR) partnership that prioritizes long-term client growth. This team drives incredible retention and growth outcomes with our most important and complex client relationships.
The Sr. Director, Strategic Sales is responsible for inspiring, developing and engaging a high potential team of Strategic Account Executives (SAEs). In addition, this person will be relied on to build and evolve growth strategies, expanding the impressive multi-year growth trajectory of the firm.
About the Strategic Accounts Team:
Working on our team is unique mostly because of our amazing clients, the problems we are helping them solve, and our team's diversity.
Every day our team speaks with the best and brightest people at Fortune 500 companies. Our clients are looking to us to help them solve interesting challenges on how some of the largest organizations in the world are adapting to emerging tech trends. Being a part of the CBI Strategic Accounts team means being a part of that equation.
The uniqueness of our team is driven by our group's diversity. You can look around and you'll find very few people with similar backgrounds. We each bring our own story which creates a very special environment for creativity, fun, strategy, and success.
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help companies discover and manage their response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Your Main Tasks:
- Lead a team of 7-10 Strategic Account Executives (SAEs) in acquiring net new logo and expansion business within the top 1000 accounts (G1000).
- Coach & Develop - Partner with Sales Enablement to ensure relevant and successful training and development across the entire team
- Coach & Develop - Craft and implement individualized development plans for each team member, to capitalize on successes and address skill development
- Coach & Develop - Leverage your extensive experience to spread knowledge to the team on enterprise selling best practices
- Management & Oversight - Ensure team is meeting internal targets regarding training, documentation, and processes; provide and/or clarify important priorities & timelines
- Management & Oversight - Maintain team focus on consistent, critical, high-value sales activities and metrics
- Management & Oversight - Drive accurate new business and expansion forecasting
- Recruit & Hire - work hand-in-hand with our Talent Team here at CBI to recruit the best and the brightest, building a diverse and successful performance culture
- Evolve and drive the internal account planning and collaboration motion along with our talented group of SAM’s and SDR’s, enhancing our growth-mindset as a community
- Minimum of 8 years experience in enterprise software sales; at least 4 years experience experience with SaaS sales a MUST
- 2+ years demonstrated success leading a team of new business Account Executives to achieve a minimum total quota of $5M+
- A successful track record of managing challenging customer purchasing dynamics, achieving individual and team quotas
- Deep preference for Challenger and MEDDICC/MEDPICC sales methodologies
- Preferred knowledge of corporate innovation, corporate strategy, corporate venture capital and/or M&A functions
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills required
Please note this is a US-based role.
Base compensation band: $199,800 (Min), $222,000 (Hiring Target), $228,000 (Max)
This role is also eligible for commission in addition to the base salary.
A little bit about our pay practices: Typically, we will hire at our Hiring Target, but actual starting pay may be based on several factors, including, but not limited to, market rate, the qualified pool of candidates, internal compensation, candidate experience, and budgetary constraints.
What’s CB Insights All About
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
Full Time Perks:
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 700k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In-office lunch stipend, snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.