At Bungie, we take pride in how Test helps deliver amazing experiences to our players. We accomplish this by fostering a collaborative but critical environment where QA has an equal seat at the table alongside all of the other development disciplines.
As a Test Engineer joining our early development efforts, you will coordinate with your lead to execute your owned feature's coverage by collaborating with cross-discipline peers throughout all phases of development including post-ship. You will also work with cross-discipline peers and test leadership to help establish early test best practices for your project's features. Your role will be to identify risks during the earliest phases of feature development and then highlight potential healthy paths forward, communicating and weighing the tradeoffs and costs of the options.
Test Engineers are responsible for planning and executing against their owned features for their team. They must be able to craft and apply an aligned approach to their features and content, as well as evolve that approach over time. You will lead the conversation with designers and engineers on how to mitigate risks and deliver the right aligned value to your players by crafting thoughtful test approaches for consistently and sustainably delivering your features from pre-production, through ship, and into post-launch support. Your team is dedicated to developing in a sustainable and healthy way and you will be a critical part of realizing that vision.
This Test Engineer position will involve both test planning and test execution for features on your team It is expected that candidates develop a deep knowledge of the engine, tools, features, and production pipelines.
- Craft, iterate, and execute feature test plans to test owned features of the game
- Work with an Agile small team and cross-discipline peers to understand your team's goals and generate specs and passes as needed
- Understand your team's workflow and features and use that knowledge to help integrate preventative care quality into every stage of feature development as early as possible
- Track critical data points from feature development and communicate that data to stakeholders
- Identify team and feature risks; catalog and escalate concerns as needed and craft mitigation strategies tailored to each risk
- Excellent test fundamentals, knowledge, and experience
- Ability to enhance workflow via scripting/tooling and process improvements
- Ability to use your knowledge of test methodologies to design efficient testing coverage
- Ability to work with other Test Engineers and Leads in an agile, technical, cross-discipline team
- Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with Art, Design, Engineering, Production and Test counterparts
- Ability to leverage understanding of game systems and content to uncover issues during each stage of development
- Desire to improve and grow yourself and continually optimize your test approach
- Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Game Design, related fields, or equivalent experience
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked