Bungie is looking for a talented Rigging Technical Artist to join our Unannounced Project. When you use 3D animation software, do you find yourself gravitating toward the script editor to automate and extend the functionality? Are you passionate about building great body and facial rigging systems, believable skin deformation and efficient workflows? If this is the experience you are looking for, we’d love to hear from you. As a Technical Artist, you will be supporting the art discipline on the project in alignment with our engine and tool capabilities. Most importantly, you will empower the art team through efficient and effective tooling, workflow & pipeline support.
If this is the experience you’re looking for, we are right there with you! It's what drives us every day. Give us a shout, we want to hear from you. We are the makers of worlds, dreams, and amazing things. Be a part of our team and let's create new worlds together!
- Acquire a deep understanding of our engine and related tools
- Operation of Bungie’s proprietary rigging system and DCC tools and technology
- Collaboration with Character 3D Art, Hard-Surface 3D Art, Animation, Design and Engineering
- Creation of technical content for various assets meeting Bungie’s shipping quality bar (Skeletons, Rigs, Skin Weighting, Cloth, and more)
- Quality assurance for 3D art and animation content
- Provide desk side support for Artists, Animators and Designers
- Develop and maintain internal & external tools pipelines, supporting artists working efficiently
- Documenting processes required to educate artists on new tools or workflows
- Professional or personal experience working with real-time game engines
- Proficiency at Rigging in Autodesk Maya or equivalent software
- Scripting or Programming experience in Python, C#, C++ or equivalent
- Comfortable with prototyping and fast iterative development cycles
- Experience partnering with external developers to create 3D art content
- Problem solving skills, good collaboration and a keen eye for detail are critical for success in this role
- 3D Modeling
- Motion Capture experience
- Knowledge of anatomy
- Face rigging
- User interface design
- Leadership and management experience
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.