Bungie is seeking an innovative, passionate, and market-savvy Staff Video Editor to craft stories around the games that inspire friendships. You will be responsible for creating content ranging from promotional trailers to short-form documentaries around the game development process.
The Staff Video Editor will be expected to edit in a variety of environments, including collaborating with a team of editors, one-on-one with a Video Director, and independently with little oversight. This role would also be expected to give direction to other editors to support the Video Director’s vision.
- As Staff Video Editor, you will be responsible for setting the quality bar and processes by which content is produced, as well as providing guidance to other video editors both internal and external.
- Ensure that video editorial work is achievable by providing guidance on scope and ambition while driving the quality standards of deliverables.
- Edit, proof and review content with a critical eye.
- Actively engage in the creative process for both post-production and live-production needs; work with all parties to achieve defined goals.
- Consistently seek out resources, methods, and trends to innovate in the video production space and to motivate content creators.
- Collaborate with Video Directors and other creative leads to drive the production of content in a variety of styles and techniques, while working within the brand and style guides across multiple IPs
- Collaborate with producers and peers to present, create, and execute ideas that meet Bungie’s objectives.
- Collaborate with audio team leads to ensure video editorial matches qualitative goals and is consistent with player experiences.
- Demonstrate strong editing skills that lead to compelling and visually interesting, creative storytelling.
- Ability to provide concise and practical constructive feedback around content creation.
- Strong human relations skills with the ability to navigate diverse skill sets, learning types, and personality types.
- Personal sense of accountability as well as the ability to make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues.
- Considerable experience in audio and video workflows. Experience with cloud-based video workflows, transcoding and metadata best practices
- Experience with color correction
- Experience with video localization workflows
- Experience with video game development
- Experience with video game culture
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.