Do you enjoy using data to solve complex and nuanced problems? Do you want to empower game developers with knowledge for important decisions? At Bungie, we build worlds that inspire friendships, and we use data to create awesome player experiences.
As a Senior Data Engineer at Bungie, you will design and develop data systems that scale with our games. You will learn the nuance of data from various systems (client telemetry, gameplay, etc.) and transform that raw data into actionable insights. You will work daily with analysts, designers, and other engineers to understand how we can build experiences that our players want. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, energetic team devoted to making the best games in the world.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable, production-quality data pipelines
- Transform raw data into efficient datasets to support the reporting needs of data consumers
- Develop relationships with members of the game team to understand and shape the data emitted from the game
- Gather requirements and translate them into clean code and data warehouse design
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and engineers
- Deliver Analytics engineering services with global teams across country/time-zone/language barriers
- Advanced SQL and Python skills
- Exemplary communication skills: listen to, speak with and resolve conflicts with members of varied disciplines and external partners in a clear and efficient manner
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with big data (TB to PB scale)
- Experience with data warehousing, data quality and monitoring
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with near-real time to real-time messaging data
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Degree in computer science, data science, related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Interest in Gaming and foundational knowledge of Mobile Games
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.