Bungie is looking for a Marketing Art Lead in Publishing Creative Studios (CS) to lead our marketing art team. In collaboration with the Marketing Art Director, you will help set creative standards for our marketing and static compositing art assets across all franchises and ensure those standards are reflected in every asset we deliver. Collaborating closely with the CS Creative Directors, development Art Directors, Marketing Technology, Central Tech and your counterparts in Art, Design, Media, and Production; you’ll empower a team of internal and external artists to create world-class art that effectively represents our games and elevates our marketing campaigns. You understand the power of trusted teams and work diligently to mentor, guide, and upgrade the craft of our artists to deliver their best work.
This role reports to the Marketing Art Director, Creative Studios.
- Lead the marketing art team to deliver content for all Bungie franchises and help guide the standards to uphold creative excellence for both internal and external teams.
- Develop and support a healthy, collaborative team environment focused on aiding partner teams in achieving their goals.
- Actively contribute to planning meetings and creative kickoffs and represent the marketing art team.
- Align with Creative and Publishing stakeholders to understand their campaign goals and develop artistic solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- Define and refine the methods, tools, and technology used by the marketing art team.
- Develop and manage the marketing art review process ensuring the team receives timely feedback to maintain quality and consistency.
- Drive the development of marketing and static compositing art style guides.
- Partner with Publishing Production to balance team priorities and bandwidth.
- In collaboration with the Discipline Manager, responsible for the team's management and career development as Marketing and static Compositing Artists
- When required, create thumbnails, sketches, renders and matte paintings within deadline.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse team in games, entertainment, publishing or marketing.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems that impact the team's productivity.
- Driven to establish a collaborative environment with other disciplines.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creative excellence in marketing art discipline and an exceptional understanding of mood, lighting and tone with a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette.
- Strong knowledge of current Adobe CC, 3D software (Photoshop, Illustrator, Max, Maya, etc.) and 3D modeling, lighting, texturing, and rendering techniques
- The ability to effectively carry an idea from concept to completion and iterate marketing art given input from Art/Creative Directors
- Significant professional art experience in games, entertainment, publishing or marketing
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Experience with and love of games
- Familiarity with Bungie's current and past releases
- Passion for photography and cinematography
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts
- Experience with graphic design
- Familiarity with live service game creation and publishing processes
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.