At Bungie, we strive to be the destination where creative and technical talent come to do their best work. We also realize building and getting entertainment to market requires talent across multiple functions and disciplines. Our games are only made possible by combining the talents of a diverse range of professionals, and as our studio grows, so must the team that enables a positive employee experience and environment.
We are looking for a candidate to join our team who has demonstrated passion for building positive and engaged work cultures. This role will include working with employees and managers to guide, coach, and support issue resolution, as well as providing program recommendations and implementation tied to improving employee and manager experience. The role requires the ability to assess, consult, and manage across a variety of employee relations topics and issues. You will provide guidance and coaching on conflict resolution, performance counseling, disciplinary action, policy interpretation and application, and conduct exit interviews across the company. You will leverage data and analytics to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve employee relations.
- Conduct all exit interviews.
- Conduct and properly document investigations, partnering with People Team colleagues and Legal counsel (both internal and external) on employee issues that are highly sensitive
- Work directly with managers and employees to assess, advise on, and resolve a variety of situations, including but not limited to: interpersonal/communication challenges, performance issues, behavioral issues, medical accommodation requests, leave of absence requests, and application of Bungie policy
- Proactively identify and analyze data to recognize ER trends and patterns that will assist the People Team in their strategic work with creating an inclusive culture; recommend solutions
- Monitor external labor trends, new laws and industrial employee/ union relationship in order to strategically drive necessary changes within the organization.
- Educates, supports, and coaches employees as they navigate the Employee Relations (ER) and or the Corrective Action (Performance Management) process for cases with increasing complexity, sensitivity, visibility, and risk.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on ER-related topics both within teams and for other teams. For internal partners seeking assistance, consults on a situation or concern using subject matter expertise to make recommendations for next steps.
- Coach managers on best practices related to employee relations and performance management topics (e.g. giving effective feedback, documentation, etc.)
- Serve as escalation point for employee performance issues. Partner with managers to recommend appropriate action and advise on related documentation, including Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs)
- Proactively engage with managers regarding the health of their organizations
- Contribute to People Team project work as needed
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to build relationships and effectively partner at all levels to take appropriate action in addressing issues
- Ability to leverage understanding of employment law and HR policies, programs, and benefits to counsel employees and recommend appropriate solutions
- Exceptional communication skills, including: a demonstrated ability to convey information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, strong mediation and counseling skills, and the ability to drive to effective outcomes during conflict resolution
- Ability to handle highly confidential and personal information in a professional manner
- Ability to act as an objective third party and unbiased advisor, effectively balancing advocating for employees with mitigating risk to the company
- Excellent instinct and judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results in complex scenarios
- Knowledge of equity, diversity, and inclusion approaches and experience working on EDI initiatives
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.