Do you enjoy using data to solve complex and nuanced problems? Do you want to empower game developers with knowledge for important decisions? At Bungie, we build worlds that inspire friendships, and we use data to create awesome player experiences.
As a Data Engineer at Bungie, you will develop and support data systems that scale with our games. You will learn the nuance of data from various systems (gameplay, marketing, HR, etc.) and transform that raw data into actionable insights. You will work daily with analysts, designers, and other engineers to understand how we can build experiences that our players want. Most importantly, you will work with a fun, energetic team devoted to making the best games in the world.
- Build and maintain scalable, production-quality data pipelines
- Transform raw data into efficient datasets to support the reporting needs of data consumers
- Gather requirements and translate them into clean code and data warehouse design
- Collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, and engineers
- Advanced SQL skills
- Basic Python skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds to build features and achieve goals
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience working with big data (TB scale)
- Experience with data warehousing, data quality and monitoring
- Degree in computer science, data science, related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Interest in Gaming and foundational knowledge of Games
Listed below is this role's base pay range. When a role is to be filled by candidates at multiple levels, more than one pay range will be shown. In other locations that Bungie has approved for remote work, this pay range may be adjusted up to +/- 10% and some roles may be classified as non-exempt (hourly). This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future. In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers
to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
Washington State Pay Range
Bungie employees in the U.S. also receive:
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
So you don't meet every requirement listed in this job description? Do you think your experience level is not where it needs to be? Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they believe they meet every single qualification. Bungie is focused on building a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. If you're interested in this position but your past experience doesn't line up perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we want you to apply anyway. The right role for you may be right around the corner!
Most Bungie full-time employees will adopt a digital first approach allowing remote work in Bungie approved locations (outside of positions identified as 100% onsite in Bellevue/Seattle, or individuals preferring a hybrid/flex environment). Prospective full-time employees located outside of CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, or WI will need to establish residency in one of the states we are compliant in within 45 days of a start date. Contractors will follow a digital first approach adhering to the location guidelines agreed upon by our third-party employer/vendor and Bungie. Bungie’s remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.