Bungie is looking for a Capture Art Lead in Publishing Creative Studios (CS) to lead our gameplay and screenshot capture teams. In collaboration with the Marketing Art Director, you will help set the creative standards for our in-game capture assets across all franchises and ensure those standards are reflected in every asset we deliver. Collaborating closely with the CS Creative Directors, development Art Directors, Marketing Technology, Central Tech and your counterparts in Art, Design, Media, and Production; you’ll empower a team of internal and external Capture Artists to create world-class capture that effectively represents our games and elevates our marketing campaigns. You understand the power of trusted teams and work diligently to mentor, guide, and upgrade the craft of our artists to deliver their best work.
This role reports to the Marketing Art Director, Creative Studios.
- Lead the capture team to deliver content for all Bungie franchises and help guide the standards to uphold creative excellence for both internal and external teams.
- Develop and support a healthy, collaborative team environment focused on aiding partner teams in achieving their goals.
- Actively contribute to planning meetings and creative kickoffs and represent the capture team.
- Align with Creative and Publishing stakeholders to understand their campaign goals and develop capture solutions which balance creative vision with production realities.
- Define and refine the methods, tools, and technology used by the capture team.
- Develop and manage the capture team’s review process ensuring the team receives timely feedback to maintain quality and consistency.
- Drive the development of gameplay and screenshot capture style guides.
- Partner with Publishing Production to balance team priorities and bandwidth.
- In collaboration with the Discipline Manager, responsible for the team's management and career development as Capture Artists
- When required, capture advanced gameplay moments from our proprietary game engine for media assets and Press Kits.
- Experience managing and leading a diverse team in games, entertainment, publishing or marketing.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems that impact the team's productivity.
- Driven to establish a collaborative environment with other disciplines.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating creative excellence in photography and cinematography as well as advanced understanding of applying filming techniques to game capture, such as camera moves, DOF, lens choice, etc.
- Thorough understanding of lighting, shot composition, and framing.
- Significant capture experience in games, entertainment, publishing, or marketing
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with little supervision.
- Experience with and love of games
- Familiarity with Bungie's current and past releases
- Experience editing and directing videos.
- Familiarity with live service game creation and publishing processes
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.