Braze (Nasdaq: BRZE) is a leading, comprehensive customer engagement platform that powers interactions between consumers and brands they love. With Braze, global brands like Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo can ingest and process customer data in real time, orchestrate and optimize contextually relevant, cross-channel marketing campaigns, and continuously evolve their customer engagement strategies. And we do it at scale – last fiscal year our customers used Braze to send approximately 1.5 trillion messages to billions of monthly active users.
But we’re so much more than our platform. Although we’ve recently grown to a team of over 1,300 people, Braze still buzzes with energy, collaboration, and transparency. We value curiosity, individuality, and tenacity—as part of the team, you’ll be encouraged to take your seat at the table and create your own destiny. Our values are inspired by our employees, which means Braze is a place where you can truly be yourself. We're growing, with a focus on building for the long term under tenured leadership and continuing to evolve for the better.
Need more proof? Braze is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work® in the U.S. and the UK. In 2022, Braze ranked #1 on Fortune’s Best Small and Medium Workplace in New York, #5 on Fortune’s Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US, and #11 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplace for Women in the UK.
You’ll find many of us at headquarters in New York City or around the world in Austin, Berlin, Chicago, London, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, Tokyo, and Toronto.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer for our Data Lake team. The Data Lake team manages the massive amount of event data we store in our almost 2+ petabyte data warehouse in Snowflake, how it is organized/streamed/replicated, and how it is accessed. Tens of billions of messages are inserted daily and shared with internal teams for reports and services and with external customers through Snowflake's secure data sharing. We also build the new Cloud Data Ingestion product that allows customers to seamlessly integrate and automatically sync their data in their cloud warehouse (Snowflake, Redshift, BigQuery, etc.) with Braze and ingest billions of data points daily. We build various Python/Java tools and services to facilitate and automate multi-region, multi-platform configuration deployments and schema changes.
WHO YOU ARE
- 6+ years of relevant experience with a strong track record of success
- Experience building highly available/scalable services and solutions with Python, Java (or similar)
- Experience building automated data pipeline (or ETL) applications using tools like Kakfa, SQS, RabbitMQ, Airflow, etc., on top of cloud-based infrastructure (AWS, Azure)
- Familiar with modern data warehousing/BI/analytics
- Have strong and good opinions about how code should be written, as well as good development practices
- Excellent communication skills and a user-centric attitude
- Calm, patient, considerate, compassionate, supportive, and encouraging
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep track of multiple work streams simultaneously. A self-starter inspired to perform without structured guidance.
- Experience with agile processes and tools such as JIRA
- Other beneficial experiences: Kafka Connect, Java, Ruby, Postgres, Redis, Datadog, Snowflake, Kubernetes, Docker
WHAT WE OFFER
From comprehensive benefits to remote availability to flexible time off, we’ve got you covered so you can prioritize work-life harmony.
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Retirement and Employee Stock Purchase Plans
- Flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, vision, life, and disability
- Family services that include fertility benefits and equal paid parental leave
- Global presence, dog-friendly offices, and remote availability
- Professional development supported by formal career pathing, learning platforms, and tuition reimbursement
- Community engagement opportunities throughout the year, including an annual company wide Volunteerism Week
- Employee Resource Groups that provide supportive communities within Braze
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun culture recognized as a Great Place to Work®
Details of these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment. Benefits may vary by location.