At Brandix, a pioneer in Sri Lanka’s Apparel industry, we develop, manufacture and market end to end apparel solutions for world renowned brands. With a purpose to deliver Inspired Solutions through Inspired People, we have a team of over 60,000 people across nine countries including India, Bangladesh, Haiti and the United Kingdom. On a journey to be the most sustainable apparel manufacturer in the region, Brandix embeds real change across every point of our operations as we care for our planet and the communities in which we serve. In Sri Lanka, we are honored to have been adjudged ‘Exporter of the Year’ for the 7th consecutive time at the Presidential Export Awards 2020/21. We are also proud to share that our plant in Batticaloa was recognized as the world's first Net Zero Carbon Apparel Manufacturing facility in 2019. To learn more about us and our 50-year long journey please visit www.brandix.com.
As Intern – Design, you will be reporting to the Assistant Manager – Designing of the SBU. You will support the Design team with trend research, concept development, sketching, detailing and translating into samples.
1. Participate in cross-functional and gain an understanding of the role of design in the product life cycle
2. Identify the steps that designers go through in designing a line including trend research, concept development, sketching, detailing and translating into samples
3. Learn more about the day-to-day tasks accomplished by an Assistant Designer including sketching, creating tech packs and line sheets, communicating with cross-functional teams and preparing for seasonal presentations
4. Provide research, maintenance and support for assigned departmental projects and tasks
5. Review and distribute employee documentation
6. Participate and provide feedback in group meetings and discussions if applicable