At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics and machine learning. Retailers and companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, and Personalization. Being part of Boxed’s Engineering team means you’ll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, designers, and data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies and we’re excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge and know how to think outside the box!
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will help us maintain and improve the quality of the systems supporting our data-driven platform that serves millions of customers worldwide. You will be responsible for building all aspects of a scalable data pipeline infrastructure, including collection, transformation, storage, querying, and retrieval of data.
Although our data platform is primarily written in Java and Python, we value any capable engineer who can think critically and learn quickly. We're hosted on Google Cloud Platform and leverage many of their services to power our platform. We are looking for engineers who are comfortable with a variety of server-side technologies and are determined self-starters with a strong passion for technology innovation.You will:
- Work on our ETL pipeline, helping it scale with the growing data needs of our company
- Work with stakeholders, such as developers, analysts and data scientists, to ensure everyone in the company has access to the data they need
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientists that assist them in building and optimizing our products.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process/system improvements -- optimizing performance, reliability, and scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation as well as unit tests to ensure code reliability and ease of maintenance
- Perform stress and load testing across various core services.
- Demonstrable results and products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working with databases and data infrastructure (eg. Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, Kinesis, Kafka, Spark)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work alone or in small teams
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.