Senior DevOps Engineer
Blue Orange is seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team to help grow our DevOps practice. We are looking for someone who will help develop and instill the DevOps mindset across the entire team at Blue Orange. This person will work closely with our clients to make sure their applications are fully operational, follow DevOps best practices, and run efficiently in AWS. You should have a relentless drive to automate everything.
*Remote Opportunity: This position is available for in-house talent in the Washington DC area and Remotely for US-based engineers.*
We are hiring for:
Core Responsibilities & Skills
- Apply DevOps principles of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipeline development, writing, and managing Infrastructure as Code, Automated Testing across multiple software applications.
- Support the Data and Application teams in an AWS cloud environment.
- Serve as level 2 support for the platform.
- Develop re-usable, automated processes, and custom tools.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Expert level Python and Bash scripting.
- Strong Linux system administration skills
- Comfortable with Docker, configuration management, and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Experience building out complex automate deployments in AWS on EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDS, Elasticsearch.
- Enjoys collaborating with other engineers on architecture and sharing designs with the team.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication.
- Interacts with others using sound judgment, good humor, and consistent fairness in a fast-paced environment.
- Hold an AWS DevOps certification.
- Experience across multiple cloud platforms.