BitPay is building blockchain payment technology that is transforming how businesses and people send, receive, and store money. We are the leading crypto merchant processor globally and are looking for talented Sr. Customer Support Specialist to join us!
We are seeking a highly motivated Sr. Customer Support Specialist who is dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience. This remote role is responsible for customer interaction and support through ticketing and live chat to resolve user issues as well as continually improving the customer experience. The ideal candidate is passionate about customer service, an effective communicator, and a collaborative team player.
- Become a subject matter expert on BitPay products to provide exceptional customer service
- Provide customers with prompt, courteous, and accurate service in all areas of their cryptocurrency payment processing, prepaid card, payouts, and wallet needs
- Monitor and provide resolutions for a high-volume support queue and solve support tickets meeting or exceeding the established quota. Quota is a volume based calculation and work is divided across the team based on role and current project priorities.
- Performs a variety of daily operational functions in support of all BitPay products
- Analyzes trends in support inquiries and works with the development team to implement root cause solutions
- Work collaboratively with the product, sales and development teams to understand, prioritize and implement customer feedback
- Assist in training new team members
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of technical/financial services customer support experience
- A passion for an exceptional customer experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, problem solving, and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter mentality, results oriented mindset, strong attention to detail, and ability to respond and adapt well in a fast-moving environment
- Familiarity with IT tools and programming languages (Unix based or equivalent command line experience) and with Zendesk is a plus!
- Experience working at crypto or fintech company is highly desirable
- Degree in Information Systems/Business-related field or equivalent work experience
What we offer
- Work with an extraordinary team of smart, fun, and highly motivated people
- An exciting, fast-growing tech company with a global presence where you can solve complex problems and make an impact every day
- Awesome learning and growth opportunities with professional development reimbursement
- A competitive salary with comprehensive benefits including fully paid medical and dental employee plans, telemedicine, life insurance, disability insurance, vision coverage, 401k, travel assistance, and more!
- Option to be paid in bitcoin and enjoy a bitcoin match program
- Everyone is eligible for annual stock option awards
- Generous time off including a sabbatical and the opportunity to choose your own holidays
- Home office allowance, internet/cell reimbursement, free Amazon Prime and Spotify
- A remote-first company, with the option to work in our Alpharetta office in the beautiful, walkable restaurant/shopping district of Avalon