We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer - Node.js, Microservice API Development to join us and help our clients achieve their goals. If you’re a Senior Engineer who wants to develop products from idea to production and help your clients achieve their goals, then this is a fit for you.
Employment Type: Full Time or Contract
Location: Remote North or South America
Travel: 1 week per quarter* (every 3 months) to the client site in the U.S.
Salary: commensurate with experience
- Analyze technical system problems/defects, and design and implement effective solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including development, testing, and deployment.
- Work with and support Scrum Masters, Product Owners, business stakeholders, and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements.
- Contribute to the development of team backlog, plans, and assignments.
- Participate in innovative development of greenfield projects and PoCs.
- Develop comprehensive automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor and support Jr. Engineers in the development of their technology skills.
- Be part of a culture of innovation and learning.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- High proficiency working with modern TS/JS design principles, testing practices and libraries (jest)
- Strong experience developing APIs and working in a microservice architecture.
- OpenAPI (Experience with OpenAPI Specifications, tooling, and publishing)
- Experience working with distributed agile teams.
- Experience working with build Pipelines (Bamboo, Jenkins, Github, etc.).
- Experience with pair programming and working with collaborative teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Cloud Foundry (CF/OCF)
- Experience with Java
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Docker
Along with your resume, please include references to any open source contributions you've made or example code from side projects. Please include links to Github, LinkedIn, Stackoverflow, etc…
Benefits for Full Time hires:
- Group Insurance
- A pension fund
- A professional development allowance of $2500
- Referral bonuses
- An active social club
- Job status: Full time, 40 hours/week