Headquarters: Palo Alto
Senior UI/UX Designer
We are a virtual and in-person community events software platform. We help companies build, grow and scale their global communities. Founded in April 2017 by the core team behind Startup Grind, Bevy is an Enterprise-grade SaaS platform used by companies that include Adobe, Amazon, Asana, Atlassian, Duolingo, eBay, Epic Games, IDEO, Intuit, MongoDB, Red Bull, Roblox, Salesforce, SAP, Slack and many more. In May 2020, Bevy raised a $15M Series B funding round. On top of that, we're rolling out Bevy Virtual, a new product to help communities build & connect during #COVID19.
About the Role and the Design team
At Bevy, we’re looking for a motivated Senior UI/UX Designer to join our growing team. In this role you will be mostly involved in product design projects. You will work within the Design team where we daily have stand ups to sync, check for possible show stoppers or shift tasks.
We communicate honestly and thoughtfully so everyone is on the same page (check our complete list of Values
throughout the company).
Design thinking is our methodology and Empathy is one of our most important values.
“Teamwork makes the dream work”. We work well together. When one of us wins, we all win.
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Located within the Americas (we are a remote team but would like to constrain Time Zone as possible)
- Ideation of personas, user journeys / flows, storyboards
Nice to have:
- HTML / CSS
- Experience creating Design Systems
- Familiar with product accessibility
You will fit in well with us if you:
- Are highly organized and detail oriented
- Know how to balance perfectionism with agile deliverables
- Self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines
- Share new ideas that may improve our way of work
- Take constructive criticism with ease and grace - Everybody is continuously learning
- Have a proactive attitude with a willingness to take on any task. We are growing, but still a startup - Giving others a hand is our way of working
- Participate in product projects from ideation to final stage. Creating user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Contribute in existing projects. If you have ideas of how to improve processes we are open to suggestions
- Work closely with other departments: Engineering, Customer Success and Sales teams
- Partner with Engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented
We welcome candidates from traditionally underrepresented groups to apply. We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and the communities we serve.
We are a small but powerful team, dedicated to achieving our mission to bring more community to the world. Many of us have worked in community positions before and understand the struggles and peaks that come with the role. Our team communicates candidly, giving feedback early and often. We set ambitious goals, and do what it takes to achieve them, while making sure that we take care of our own personal health and mental wellbeing. We’ll want you to be ready to take on a lot of responsibility with guidance and mentorship along the way.
If you recognize yourself in the above, please submit your resume and more information about yourself and let us know why you think we would work well together. Please include URLs for an online portfolio in addition to your resume. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Principals only please.
To apply: https://grnh.se/e1744b352us