Who We Are: Banza reimagines your favorite comfort foods, like pasta, pizza, mac & cheese and rice, using chickpeas. Why? Because we know chickpeas aren’t just delicious, they’re also one of the most nutritious and sustainable foods. Yet 80% of the country isn’t eating enough of them. Our mission is to inspire people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, making a positive impact on human health and the environment. Banza is the fastest-growing pasta brand in the country, and our products are available in over 17,000 stores nationwide. We’ve been named one of TIME Magazine’s Best Inventions of the Year, Adweek’s Best Food Brand, and are proud to have fans at Good Morning America, The New York Times, Food & Wine, Bon Appetit, and more.
Your Mission: Continue Banza’s push to be a blueprint for the modern, data-rich CPG company while promoting our data and technology solutions to support Banza’s mission. Maximize Banza’s leverage of unique and varied data sources, from daily store-level sales to category-wide insights.
What you’ll do
- Own, maintain, and improve our entire data analytics stack from ETL to Visualization
- Fuel an analytical team that is eager to dig into data by providing industry-leading tools and information to our people
- Train and mentor team members from across the organization to improve their data fluency and empower them to self-serve
- Provide expertise on a broad range of technical topics as one of our foremost data experts and analytical thinkers
- Develop creative data solutions that support operational and strategic initiatives
Who you are:
- An experienced professional with 5+ years in a hands-on data role, ideally at a CPG company
- A SQL expert with 2+ years of experience querying and building in a modern data warehouse (and were ideally its owner)
- Familiarity with implementing and maintaining industry-leading data tools; our core data stack includes Fivetran, dbt, Snowflake, Tableau, and various AWS services
- A champion for data integrity and the role data plays in a modern CPG organization
- An outstanding communicator who can work through challenging solutions with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- A big Banza fan who is passionate about Food & Beverage and the Consumer Products industry more generally
We're aware of the research showing that historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job if they don't believe that they meet all of the criteria. Are you hesitant to submit an application because you're not sure if you check every box? Please apply anyway with a thoughtful cover letter! We would love to hear from you to discuss how you can help us build a great team at Banza.
Our Commitment: Banza is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. To achieve our mission of inspiring people to eat more chickpeas and other beans, we greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which comes from diversity of all types, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do and the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with all abilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.
Banza is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, genetic trait or predisposition, carrier status, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics. Banza will consider qualified applicants including those with criminal histories consistent with legal requirements.
Compensation, Perks, and Benefits
Our salary ranges are based on verified market data and our philosophy of paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to base salary, we offer medical, dental, and vision insurance through United Healthcare, free Banza products, and monthly stipends for fitness, internet, and cell phones.
Individual pay rate decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. That range is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however, we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated to you as a candidate.
To Apply: Write a cover letter describing why you want to join Banza and would be a great fit in this role and apply directly to this posting. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.