This job is expired
Maintains service operations by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing tuktuks; completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains tuktuk functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifies tuktuk serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with tuktuk requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains tuktuk appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains tuktuk records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeps garage equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluates service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
tuktukrental.com is an adventure & social start-up, operating in Sri Lanka since 2016. Our goal is to improve the lives and incomes of Sri Lankan three-wheel owners by renting their asset to tourists for self-drive adventures over the paradise island of Sri Lanka. As of March 2019, we have started operations in India and will be looking to expand into other countries as time continues.
By renting out these tuktuks from local Sri Lankans (instead of purchasing our own fleet), we give back to the local community while also providing our customers with life-changing experiences. We believe the most authentic and best way to travel anywhere in the world is to travel like a local, and travelling like a local opens the door to many places not available by traditional or mainstream tourist routes. This allows tourists to embrace local culture, cuisine, and lifestyle while interacting with communities, sharing experiences and creating everlasting memories.
We work hard behind the scenes to make renting a tuktuk in Sri Lanka as easy as possible. We source late model and reliable tuktuks and sort out all the paperwork so tourists can turn up and go. At its core, the business is an online platform that links tourists with local tuktuk owners, these tourists hire the vehicle from the local owner and self-drive the vehicle as they road trip around Sri Lanka.