With Babbel Live anyone can learn a language!
Babbel Live is the live online language class that brings human face-to-face interaction and speaking practice to Babbel learners, building on Babbel’s long-established language learning app.
Since its founding in 2007, Babbel has grown to become the market leader in app-based language learning, offering 14 learning languages. Learners can access courses via the Babbel website or on the mobile app.
Babbel Live’s online teacher-led classes complement the language training that learners get with our self-study product, the Babbel app. We offer virtual small group classes via Zoom video, with the curriculum provided by Babbel.
We are looking for a Freelance Italian Teacher and Content Creator (remote, up to 25 hours per week)
A passionate language teacher and content creator who thrives in front of a camera. A tech-savvy teacher and social content creator who can maintain professionalism in a dynamic classroom setting and who can create compelling video and social media content. Someone to teach students virtually using a communicative method and who will remotely produce video, audio, and more with support from our in-house video team.
- Teach a limited schedule of Babbel Live classes,
- Create engaging learning content for social media, YouTube and our app
- Collaborate closely with the global Babbel content and product teams. Babbel’s learning media content should use aspects of engaging “viral” social content and is intended to attract a large audience interested in Italian language and culture.
- At least two years experience teaching Italian in a school, private tutoring, or virtual classroom - teachers who bring their own social media presence featuring engaging learning content, are expert at using social platforms, and can amplify content on their own have an edge.
- Experience creating engaging short-form videos for social media and YouTube (professionally or as a hobby)
- Computer with camera and microphone with reliable high-speed internet connection (a must)
- Enthusiastic, open-minded and flexible to take on a variety of different projects
- An expert in Italian language and nuances of Italian culture
- Passionate about language learning and helping others achieve their language goals
- Avid consumer of social media — you know what’s trending right now, and how to use new media formats to connect with language enthusiasts
- Naturally charismatic and completely comfortable in front of a camera
- Experience using Adobe products or other video editing tools is a plus
- Experience with acting or improv comedy is a plus
- Work in a truly purpose-driven business
- A steep learning curve - personally and professionally
- Be part of a very diverse and international team
- An agile challenging environment and a culture of experimentation
- Being part of helping millions of people to learn languages
To be considered for this position please send:
- your resume or CV
- short teaching video
- your Instagram/YouTube/TikTok handles
This is a hybrid role between the product and global content teams and will report to the Executive Producer, Global Video, based in our New York office.This position is a remote, six-month contract. Future travel to Babbel’s offices in Berlin or New York may be required.
Join one of the fastest-growing education technology companies and contribute in making learning a whole new experience. And of course: get full access to our world-leading language learning content!
Diversity at Babbel
Babbel is committed to providing a work culture of belonging where every Babbelonian can contribute, participate and learn. Striving to become a truly diverse, inclusive, and equitable company is reflected in our internal policies, such as flexible working hours, the options to work from home, as well as a nap, family, and faith rooms in our headquarter office. At the same time, we acknowledge that creating a culture of belonging is a continuous journey that includes every current and future Babbelonian.