The Account Executive role is responsible for building and managing a funnel of qualified enterprise customers, and materially contributing to the continued growth of both VIP and WordPress in the enterprise space. This role is specifically looking for candidates with deep experience selling into international markets in Europe.
Your style is to listen and learn from prospects, positioning VIP as the best Content Management System (CMS) and Digital Experience Platform (DXP) for the Global 2000. You don’t sit and wait for leads to come to you. Instead, you think through the opportunity within specific verticals and create an approach to growing WordPress and VIP within these verticals. This includes working with a Business Development Representative (BDR) on targeted outreach including email, phone, and events. You respond quickly and effectively to inbound leads, working with our marketing team to align our messaging and ads to the right people and places, and getting things done in an autonomous and dependable fashion.
You view enterprise customers and their messages as important parts of the web, and you view VIP and WordPress as the best partners to come alongside those efforts. You pride yourself on establishing long-term relationships and doing what’s best for the customer. You enjoy telling stories, doing demos, giving “the pitch,” and are comfortable with everyone from engineers, I.T., to content creators.
In addition, you are:
- A top-performing Account Executive with 10+ years of demonstrated sales experience.
- Experienced at selling into international markets. Specific preference for Northern Europe, The United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Nordic countries, and Germany.
- Knowledgeable of open source and web technologies, including, docker, Kubernetes, WordPress, etc.
- Experienced in SaaS technologies and working within/selling into SaaS technology companies.
- An amazing communicator; you should be great at holding people’s attention whether it’s via email, presenting, chatting on the phone, or meeting in person.
- Comfortable when it comes to selling and working independently. You understand how to build and manage a funnel, reach the right people, execute solutions-based selling, and close deals.
- Comfortable working with executive-level prospects, negotiating terms, and reviewing contracts.
- Able to listen to the needs of publishers and use that information to inform our product roadmap.
- Driven to achieve growth targets, both as an individual and company.
- Preference for candidates who are bilingual in English and German.
This role requires you to have a deep understanding of the technology and platforms that we run, and to be able to communicate with engineers effectively. Moderate travel is required as well.
This is a full-time, salaried, remote position.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1600 Automatticians in 80+ countries speaking 90+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.