Who We Are:
Newport, an Ascensus Company, helps companies offer their associates a more secure financial future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and responsive
The Senior RFP writer will play a key role in the execution of our marketing strategy. This position will enjoy telling the story of our organization and how our industry leading solutions serve our clients best. Applying best practices experience and product knowledge from retirement and financial services. This role will be a key contributor to the acquisition and retention of clients through the completion of professional RFP submissions. This position is open to candidates who are remotely located.
What You Will Do:
- Analyzes RFPs to clearly identify all requirements and information needed to produce a winning proposal customized to the client and their needs
- Confidence to work directly with stakeholders at all levels, to ensure RFP service needs are met, approach is understood, and to partner with them to agree on priorities and deadlines
- Successful experience working with Advisors, Consultants and Sales Teams to see the RFP Process through to completion. Including post RFP follow-ups, finals deal team strategy participation and support
- Establish project timelines with clear deadlines and role clarity
- Assigns and monitors tasks and due dates for the return of critical information to ensure deadlines are met
- Writes proposal copy
- Actively collaborates with team members acting as a subject matter expert to update and maintain RFP database and supporting materials
- Assists the production team in the process of gathering, printing, and assembling exhibit material as needed
- Uses existing knowledge of institutional RFP process to develop a broad knowledge of Ascensus' operational and service structure
- Develops collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders throughout the RFP process
- Manages workflow and handles multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining work quality within every project
- Works independently and within the team to consistently meet deadlines and prepare materials with a high degree of accuracy
- Develops proposal text independently through research and interviews
- Edits and proofreads to maintain common voice and response accuracy
- Compiles and formats proposal documents in accordance with brand standards
- Utilizes an entrepreneurial approach with a strong sense of urgency and mission
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned
- Travel - Up to 5% (minimal with this role)
- Ideal candidates will have a Bachelor's degree preferably in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum of 7 years related proposal writing/RFP experience, including responding to institutional RFPs and RFIs preferably in the retirement services industry.
- Writing, editing, quantitative and verbal/written English language communication skills including knowledge of grammar and punctuation
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Word