Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are a rapidly growing Enterprise Solutions team responsible for building and growing Arcadia’s enterprise software line of business, also known as our Developer Platform. Arcadia has developed the digital business infrastructure for the decentralized clean energy economy, providing new energy economy companies with the tools to transform their offerings, create and capture new sources of value, and accelerate the decarbonization transition. We lead go-to-market planning and implementation, full sales cycle management, solution design, technical scoping, and implementation for our enterprise customers. Our enterprise customers and prospects operate in energy or energy-adjacent sectors (e.g., leading EV companies, solar and storage companies, energy services providers). Arcadia’s one-of-a-kind platform allows them to enhance their products and services by offering unparalleled access to utility data, energy analytics, a financial payments layer with bundled utility billing, and clean energy services solutions. As the primary market-facing organization within Arcadia, this team also plays a critical role in shaping the long-term product roadmap by looking ahead at evolving market needs and opportunities in the clean energy economy.
We are seeking an experienced leader to drive enterprise business development and sales engagements with pioneering companies in the new energy economy. This person will be responsible for helping develop our sales and go-to-market efforts, and for managing the lifecycle of sales engagement with sophisticated enterprise customers. The ideal candidate can speak about distributed energy resources and APIs in the same sentence and will establish themself as a trusted advisor to both internal and external stakeholders about how Arcadia’s software capabilities can unlock significant value. A proven ability to build high-level relationships with senior executives, and facility in understanding business needs of prospective customers will be crucial to success in this role. This role will require an ability to both “roll up the sleeves” to drive engagements forward, as well as an understanding of how to build and direct a team of complementary skill sets to support the accelerating growth of the business over the next 12+ months.
This role can be based in Washington, D.C., New York, or remote in Arcadia’s registered states: CA, CO, DC, GA, IL, MA, MD, MN, NJ, NM, NY, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, and WA.
What you'll do:
- Help build the enterprise solutions team required to support the accelerating growth of the business in existing and new market verticals
- Help build our enterprise go-to-market and sales engagement strategy, including providing expert input into market and customer prioritization, pricing strategy, and commercialization approach
- Drive active Enterprise opportunities over the full lifecycle of sales engagement, from synthesizing initial customer needs through negotiating commercial terms and ongoing executive level support as the customer grows
- Establish and nurture relationships with executive sponsors across the industry, demonstrating thought leadership and an understanding of evolving business needs in the decentralized energy economy
- Assess the market landscape to target new areas of growth and identify prospective opportunities
What will help you succeed:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in enterprise sales, solutions consulting, at a relevant startup, or in the utility/energy sector
- Familiarity with the current market dynamics in the energy and sustainability space, with a demonstrated understanding of and interest in topics related to electrification, distributed energy resources, and decarbonization
- Active, empathetic listening skills and curiosity to develop, respond to, and champion a deep, nuanced understanding of our customers and their needs
- Proven ability to build and nurture relationships with sophisticated enterprise partners, and to negotiate commercial terms to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Experience building and leading a team to support achieving customer growth milestones
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a renewable energy future
- Market-based compensation (salary + equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k), and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.