Arcadia is a technology company revolutionizing the energy industry. We make choosing clean energy easy for everyone, no matter where you live or who your utility provider is. Founded in 2015, Arcadia set out with one purpose that continues to drive us today: a 100% clean energy future.
Tackling one of the world’s biggest challenges – climate change – requires out-of-the-box thinking and diverse perspectives, so we’re building a team of individuals from all different backgrounds, industries, and educational experiences. If you share our passion for building a future powered by 100% renewable energy, we look forward to receiving your application and learning what you would uniquely bring to our organization!
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a high-performing and entrepreneurial Account Manager to join our Community Solar Business Development team and focus on servicing our customers. Community solar is the fastest-growing segment of the solar market, enabling homes and businesses to benefit from solar energy by digitally subscribing to a remotely located solar farm. At Arcadia, we run the largest community solar operation in the country, helping tens of thousands (soon to be hundreds of thousands!) of customers to support local solar projects and save on their power bills, all without requiring any installation on the customer’s property.
This individual will be responsible for managing key relationships across our diverse customer acquisition channel mix. You will be responsible for driving partner sales growth, prioritization, commission and incentive plans, identifying technical blockers and making recommendations for improvement, and facilitating smooth handoffs for end-use customers to our onboarding and member experience teams.
This role will be based in Washington, DC, but candidates in certain remote locations will be considered and will report to the Director of Energy Services. Eventually, minimal travel within the U.S may be required.
What you'll do:
- Manage key broker and channel partner relationships, with a focus on B2B and B2B2C sales
- Cultivate new relationships in key verticals such as competitive energy and real estate
- Work closely with the Director of Energy Services and contribute to the team’s go-to-market strategy, including identifying new market opportunities, prioritization, messaging, pricing/incentives, and more
- Support expansion of the community solar market by demonstrating customer demand in targeted states and utility territories
- Manage and execute against complex prospective partner sales cycles and achieve sales targets
- Look for opportunities to drive more customers from each partnership, add value for our partners, and develop additional partnership opportunities and/or verticals
What will help you succeed:
- BA/BS degree or similar college-level education; in lieu of degree, relevant skills or equivalent experience
- 3+ years professional experience in Project Management, Account Management, or Customer Success, preferably at an energy or real estate company
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter who proactively identifies issues, interdependencies, and solutions
- Experience working on large, complex accounts requiring attention to detail, planning, and multi-channel communication requirements
- Expertise in developing and maintaining key relationships across an organization
- Experience using CRM software tools
- Team-first attitude
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment with evolving needs
- Passion for our mission, sustainability, and helping drive a clean-energy future
- Experience working in solar, utilities, or a related field
- Relationships with property management, energy management, or other similar real estate businesses
- Market-based compensation (salary, commission and equity)
- Healthcare, dental, vision, 401(k) and commuter benefits
- Paid Time Off (holidays, vacation, professional development, volunteer, parental leave)
- Professional development opportunities
- All-company lunches
- Free clean energy
- A chance to decarbonize and disrupt the energy sector
Eliminating carbon footprints, eliminating carbon copies.
Here at Arcadia, we cultivate diversity, celebrate individuality, and believe unique perspectives are key to our collective success in creating a clean energy future. Arcadia is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. While we are currently unable to consider candidates who will require visa sponsorship, we welcome applications from all qualified candidates eligible to work in the United States.