About Us: Innovating to solve real-world problems
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
You will excel in this role if you are:
• Enjoys a fast paced environment
• Excellent customer service skills
• Able to work and interact with others in a structured / team environment
• Accuracy and attention to detail, must have organizational skills
• Independent problem solver with troubleshooting, decision making and analytical skills
• Requires limited supervision (Self-motivated, Self-starter, Time management skills)
• Flexibility and adaptability to handle competing work demands
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to communicate to nontechnical audience on technical issues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate on a technical level to a technical audience
• Ability to work flexible hours and be on-call
• Ability to do limited travel (0 - 4 times a year)
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
• Windows System Administration Skills (desired: Microsoft Windows Server)
• Active Directory knowledge, support, and troubleshooting skills, including GPO/Group Policy
• Virtualization Experience (desired: VMware)
• Deployment & Configuration Automation Experience (desired: BMC BladeLogic/TrueSight Server Automation, PowerShell)
• Knowledge of vulnerability and risk management (desired: Tenable Nessus/Security Center)
• Networking concepts and experience (related to firewalls, LAN, DNS, TCP/IP)
• Knowledge of System and Security Monitoring tools and experience (desired: Zabbix, SolarWinds, Splunk)
• Knowledge of PKI/SSL certificates
• Preparing formal written technical content for the development, implementation, and management of projects
• Preparing formal written technical documentation for other administrators. SOPs, architecture diagrams, program roadmaps, checklists, root cause analysis
• Change and Configuration Management experience. Logging changes, creating instruction, and validation that changes were implemented successfully
• Backup and Restore Experience (desired: NetBackup)
• DB Administration Experience (desired: Microsoft SQL, Windows clustering)
• Demonstrated VMware vCloud experience
Demonstrated effective project management experience
What we will provide in return: Excellent compensation and amazing benefits
• Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
• 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
• Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
• Flexible Spending Account options.
• Generous paid time off.
• Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
• Government shutdown protection where employees don't have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
• Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
• A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
• A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
https://www.applied-insight.com/careers/open-positions/EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.
COVID Policy: Prospective and successful candidates will be required to adhere with Applied Insight’s COVID-19 policy. All Applied Insight employees must be fully vaccinated or submit to regular testing as defined in the policy and must self-certify to their vaccination status on their first day of employment.