Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. [andela.com/careers] way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
As a Product Manager for Talent Job Search Experience, you will partner across the company and across the globe to identify opportunities to drive talent experience and define the future of Job Search Products. You will be empowered to set ambitious goals for the products you work on and the team. You will be taking care of an incredibly diverse set of talented professionals worldwide, and you will need to listen to voices from many different backgrounds and skill sets to be successful.
You will own the roadmap, manage the entire product life cycle, collaborate with stakeholders across Andela, and drive the team towards simple solutions to a complex set of problems. You will join a full-stack engineering and cross-functional team and collaborate with experienced Product Managers within the broader product group and other groups at Andela.
You are a talented Product Manager with an entrepreneurial spirit and a track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering leadership to build a strategic product roadmap.
- Understand pain points and create simple solutions with an MVP mindset.
- Manage the feature development and rollout of Andela’s job search experience for talent.
- Motivate a talented team of engineers to deliver iterative value with every product release.
- Develop feature specifications and acceptance criteria for user stories that are completed comprehensively and on-time.
- Manage and own product backlog.
- Develop and track metrics for success, ensuring the team is clear on their objectives every step of the way.
- Make data-informed decisions to improve the quality and direction of our products.
- Take ownership of documentation, demos, and sequence diagrams as tools to manage a complex system of interdependencies.
- Participate in talent research to gather talent feedback.
- Prioritize and manage high-level business requirements for talent-facing products and services.
- Collaborate with other teams, sometimes across different time zones, to deliver projects spanning multiple teams’ areas.
- Our job descriptions evolve with our business needs and priorities. In addition to the description above, your role may include additional projects and team support as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in product management preferably at eCommerce or job search platform with a passion for user experience.
- Familiarity and passion for hr-tech, marketplace or direct-to-consumer industry is strongly preferred.
- Comfortable managing stakeholders and influencing cross-functional teams around product strategy without direct authority, leading initiatives with ownership mindset.
- Experience working with multiple systems, understanding complex operations, workflows as well as crafting and implementing new processes.
- You speak data. You’re analytical and comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- You’re comfortable operating in global environments across cultures, locations, and time zones.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You can communicate on problems and brainstorm solutions with teams of diverse thinkers.
- You can work autonomously and have a solid understanding of and ability to execute on next steps and deliverables with little to no guidance
- Understanding UI/UX design principles & tooling (e.g. figma) is a plus.
- Fully Remote work culture - we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend - buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We're on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.