Role: DevOps Engineer
Reports to: DevOps, Manager
Location: Remote - Germany, UK
Job Type: Full Time- Salary
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 30 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratising data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Infrastructure team
- Attend daily standups, review demos, etc.
- Work within and across teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality
- Create and maintain software documentation
What You Need:
- Experience in System Engineering or Backend Engineering role
- GitOps mindset with a desire to reduce toil and automate everything
- Results-driven, “self-starter” approach to new projects
- Deep Linux system administrator knowledge and experience
- Deep understanding of core AWS services (IAM, EC2, VPC, Lambda, etc.)
- Experience with IaC tools (Terraform, etc)
- Embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Relevant programming experience with Python or Go
- Experience with workflow management tools (ArgoCD, Prefect, etc)
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Production Kubernetes experience (EKS preferred)
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Additional paid parental leave for fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days (Minimum 42 days off)
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.