In this high-impact role, you will be responsible for supporting growth for the Amwell business by distilling market intelligence, competitive intelligence, customer win/loss, and other research into deep insights that inform winning revenue and growth strategies. This position is a strong partner to Sales and Account Management leaders by creating data-driven market and account segmentation strategies that support successful acquisition and expansion sales, bundled packaging, identification of new solution opportunities, and account planning. You will also partner with Product Marketing and others to inform competitive positioning and sell-against strategies, and you will direct positioning and messaging development to ensure competitive differentiation.
This role works in close collaboration with Product Management, Product Marketing, Market Insights, Growth, and others as a key contributor to revenue growth strategies.
- Assimilate and distill primary and secondary research into deep product-level competitive insights that inform revenue acquisition and expansion strategies.
- Develop and deliver strategic actions based on competitive insights and demonstrate commercial impact to Marketing and Growth team leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Partner with Sales acquisition and expansion to lead data driven account planning. Recommend and support market planning and develop ABM strategies and tactics.
- Create and recommend sales strategies based on analysis and insights from the Market Insights team. Provide context and objective analysis of competitive product information to enable sales and product marketing tactics.
- Support Product Management and Product Marketing with deep competitive product assessments.
- Lead competitive threat assessments and war games to develop and train on winning sales strategies.
- Provide situational analysis support for QBRs, sales planning and launch readiness reviews.
- In collaboration with Product Management, Product Marketing and Pricing, inform solution packaging and pricing based on research, market insights and competitive understanding.
- Support the development of positioning and messaging that differentiates Amwell technology and services from competitor solutions.
- Define ideal customer profiles and account segmentation.
- Build and maintain select competitor product profiles and battle cards.
- Develop cogent overviews of select new business opportunities or market areas.
- 5-8 years in healthcare marketing, with at least 3+ years in technology market research,
strategy and/or consulting.
- 1-3 years as a people manager
- Excellent researcher and experience/comfort working on ambiguous assignments that require creative solutions.
- Proven market and competitive analysis experience
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate complex ideas simply and clearly
- Agile and flexible; able to adjust personal and team priorities swiftly and effectively
- Consistently accountable to delivering high-quality on-time work product.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote team environment.
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining detail-oriented focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and manage cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or related field
- Master’s degree highly preferred