Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) will work within our sales organization to develop new business leads and qualify opportunities. They will help to devise inbound and outbound campaigns, contact prospective buyers via email and phone, demonstrate our product, provide information to prospects and consultants about our value proposition, and work with senior sales executives to close business. This is a terrific opportunity for an individual with 1-3 years’ experience who is looking to develop their career in sales and marketing within the healthcare IT industry.
- Identify, develop, and contact appropriate individuals at target organizations
- Execute email and phone outreach/follow up to leads generated through marketing channels, including webinars, conferences, email campaigns, and inbound web visitors
- Respond to prospect inquiries, share our value proposition, and qualify leads in health systems market
- Demonstrate our telehealth product to prospective buyers one on one and at events
- Nurture existing leads to drive progression to the sales funnel
- Represent the company at industry events, setting up and holding meetings with prospective customers
- Achieve daily targets for lead generation activity
- Achieve quarterly targets for converting qualified opportunities
- Understand prospects’ business and their buying objectives
- Ensure smooth & informed transition of qualified opportunities to Sales Directors
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales colleagues to identify new lead generation channels and support execution as needed
- 1-3 years’ experience, preferably in healthcare IT sales or Business Development roles
- Bachelor’s Degree, recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, detail-oriented, self-starter, goal-oriented
- Desire to quickly learn through on-the-job experience
- Thrives in goal-driven, fast-paced environment
- Preferred skills:
- Healthcare industry background
- Comfortable with technology – comfortable doing a live demo once trained
- Team player, able to work across the organization
Should you join Amwell and the Sales team, you can expect:
The Sales organization is a highly motivated team on the front lines of an emerging and dynamic industry. This group of individuals are responsible for inspiring new clients – sharing the value and impact of telehealth. They bring a solutions approach to each new client including understanding vision and corporate objectives and helping shape go-to-market use cases.
The Sales team is constantly acquiring new knowledge to share with clients on best practices, value drivers, and trends affecting the healthcare industry. The team’s main goal is to develop relationships and ultimately, drive revenue that fuels Amwell's growth and continued innovation.
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars - our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a virtual first workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are!
The typical base salary range for this position is $57,000 - $60,000. The actual salary offer will ultimately depend on multiple factors including, but not limited to, knowledge, skills, relevant education, experience, complexity or specialization of talent, and other objective factors. In addition to base salary, this role may be eligible for an annual bonus based on a combination of company performance and employee performance. Long-term incentive and short-term variable compensation may be offered as part of the compensation package dependent on the role. Some roles may be commission based, in which case the total compensation will be based on a commission and the above range may not be an accurate representation of total compensation.
Further, the above range is subject to change based on market demands and operational needs and does not constitute a promise of a particular wage or a guarantee of employment. Your recruiter can share more during the hiring process about the specific salary range based on the above factors listed.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance