Amwell (NYSE: AMWL) is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile digital health technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. As a leading virtual health platform in the United States and globally, we are connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Our telehealth platform enables over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners. There’s no better time to join the digital health movement and we are looking for you to help design the healthcare of tomorrow!
This role, reporting to the Head of Market and Strategy Insights, will support and lead strategic programs, drive growth, and increase competitive advantage for Amwell by analyzing, synthesizing, and forecasting trends across key markets, competitors, products, and customers. The incumbent will deliver strategic insights, under tight timelines, working with internal and external stakeholders, to enable business growth and profitability. Requires ability to gather and make sense of market intelligence, including conducting primary and secondary market research, due diligence to inform M&A, product and go to market strategy, new market entry analyses, and competitive intelligence. The role offers high visibility to senior leadership.
The ideal candidate has both strong market research as well as consulting experience as well as health plan expertise as this leader delivers recommendations around go/no go decisions regarding future market opportunities, build/buy/partner strategies, and solidifying customer value and competitive differentiation.
- A key contributor and/or project manager for payer/employer/government market strategy projects (e.g., new market entry, product growth strategy), scenario planning, competitive intelligence, customer experience improvement initiatives, and corporate brand development
- Deliver strategic insights and recommendations to Commercialization, Product Marketing, Sales, M&A, and Executive Team based on data and insights
- Leverage market and customer data to inform critical business decisions and potential drivers of increased revenue
- Prepare meaningful, timely market and competitive dynamics reports and strategic presentations for the Executive Team and Board
- Source, interpret, and present actionable market, customer, and product insights, supporting Amwell’s P&L structure and businesses
- Lead the design, execution, analysis, and interpretation of qualitative & quantitative market research and help identify strategic implications and actions
- Maintain best-in-class deep dive competitive intelligence processes and disseminate key insights to internal stakeholders
- Collect, synthesize, and distribute current information on relevant market developments and incorporate into the company frameworks and processes (e.g. business requirements documents, product launch process)
- BA/BS, MBA or other advanced degree in Business, Management, or Marketing
- Health Plan/Payer and technology experience, ideally globally
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience
- Expertise in a broad range of qualitative and quantitative market research methodologies
- Experience in being a key part of and/or leading strategy projects, driving actionable recommendations while working alongside and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to effectively define business issues and recommendations
- People management experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – can easily develop relationships both inside and outside the organization