AlphaSights was born with a purpose: to unlock human knowledge and power success. From our state-of-the-art offices in nine major world cities, we connect business leaders seeking knowledge with the experts who possess it. We’re one of the fastest-growing global companies, employing 1500+ colleagues of 60+ nationalities.
What we do
We operate at the heart of the global knowledge economy, providing a suite of knowledge-on-demand services to investment funds, consultancies, Fortune 500 companies and nonprofits. Our clients use our services when evaluating critical investment and business decisions. We connect them with industry experts who possess specific knowledge that is otherwise unavailable to them.
We’re a fast-paced, client-driven service organization. We respond to client inquiries within minutes and deliver within hours. When deadlines are tight, and when robust insight is make or break, our clients count on us.
As a Back End Software Engineer you will:
- Develop technical plans and contribute to our technical architecture as we scale our products to be the world’s leading research platform
- Write and push Kotlin code -> learn -> iterate automatically built and released with CircleCI/Spinnaker (legacy monolith is Ruby on Rails)
- Grow our teams by bringing your unique experience to one of our global technical guilds
- Contribute to and improve our engineering best practices
- Work on projects that deliver value in short iterations, measuring success in definitive terms, testing out hypotheses and learning on the way.
- Benefit from AlphaSights’ platform, giving you access to world class experts to help inform your technical solutions
What skills do I need?
- 3 to 5 years of industry experience in a software engineering role. You can demonstrate the significant impact that your work has had.
- Expertise in at least one software programming language (we use Kotlin, JS/React) but it doesn’t need to be a language that we use here! We view different perspectives as an advantage, expertise is the key.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with other functional experts (e.g. other engineering teams, product, design, data science, domain experts…).
- A laser focus on delivering value to your users
- Experience of building reliable and performant back end systems, from scratch, and improving/refactoring existing ones.
Compensation and benefits:
- Average total compensation ranges from £60,000 to £75,000
- Sandbox day for Personal Development, the last Friday of every 2 week sprint. Time to learn, and flex your creative muscles in an unconstrained environment.
- Generous learning budget to spend as you want (books, conferences, courses,...)
- Remote, in-office and hybrid working options available. Please speak to the team to learn more about our vision for the future of work at AlphaSights.
- Regular team events
- Best in class Health Insurance
- Social responsibility
- Knowledge for Good
Meet the AlphaSights team:
Don't worry if your experience or background doesn't match all of these areas, we believe a broad spectrum of experience provides great perspective on solving problems in new and innovative ways and we’d love to hear from you.
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer. Read more about our commitment to DEI here.