Salary from $70,000 a year job type full-time
Benefits pulled from the full job description
401(k) 401(k) matching dental insurance health insurance life insurance paid time off show 1 more benefit
Full job description
Production and design engineer
77-year-old innovative furniture manufacturer, looking for a skilled production and design engineer to join our teamYou will be responsible for working on all stages of our production cycles, from research and design to manufacturingBased in jacksonville, fl, this on-site position offers a variety of challenges in a dynamic work environment.
- production engineering:
O create, review and release shop cad drawings.
O assist with development of standard operating procedures (sop), work instructions and quality check lists.
O thorough understanding of erp bom and router creation.
O create and distribute cnc programs
O participate in review meetings with key operational, scheduling and procurement personnel prior to shop floor release of any new or revised products.
O revision control of all manufactured or purchased components/ assemblies to be documented in a standard format, communicated, and distributed to all affected parties.
- product library development and maintenance: work with allied team to review existing product line and review cad designs to create a product parts library.
- new product development: must be proficient with solidworks and other mechanical design software to create designs that lead to production drawingsFull understanding of wood, laminate and steel is requiredExperience with design of plastic molds and revit would be a bonus.
- real-time design ability: enjoy meeting the clients at our offices or remotely during design sessions, with the ability to interpret concepts and do real-time drawings to better help customers understand their options.
- prototyping: manage the first article and prototype processes for purchased parts and in-house manufactured parts to ensure product specifications meet customer expectations in quality, workmanship & intended use.
- procurement library maintenance: research and provide specifications for any raw materials or purchased components to the allied purchasing team.
Engineering degree is preferredApplicable experience and skill set will be considered.
Job type: full-time
Pay: from $70,000.00 per year
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Jacksonville, fl 32206: reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (required)
Work location: one location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 10 days ago