Job type full-time
Benefits pulled from the full job description
401(k) dental insurance health insurance paid time off vision insurance
Not provided by employer
Full job description
Alastin skincare, incIs the fastest-growing physician-dispensed skincare company in the u.sWith innovative, scientifically proven and clinically tested productsFounded in 2015 and located in carlsbad, ca, the company provides a comprehensive collection of cutting-edge products for optimal procedure results and daily skincare regimensFollowing our recent acquisition by galderma, the world’s largest independent dermatology company, alastin has continued its rapid growth operating as an independent business unit of galderma.
The packaging engineer manager is responsible for sourcing, testing, and qualifying primary and secondary components to ensure that alastin maintains a variety of approved components for use with our prestige brandThis position will lead the process of converting alastin manufacturing to a turnkey component sourcing process with our various cmo’s and reports to the head of operations.
Lead the sourcing rfq process for new product launches, reformulations, and promotional projects.
Source all packaging components, primary components, and secondary cartonsNegotiate favorable terms and costs with vendors and suppliersWork with cmo partners to determine if any specialized tooling is required.
Identify and assess new vendors and packaging options on an ongoing basis to ensure that a variety of novel and high-quality components are available for potential selection.
Partner with the planning and project manager to manage vendor relations and proactively identify issues and work cross-functionally to resolve these issues.
Track all key milestones to ensure due dates are met for production and distributionResolve all timeline issues and negotiate with appropriate teams and vendors to keep projects on track.
Partner with marketing and npd leaders to understand and anticipate beauty needs against the timeline capabilities required to deliver business objectives; prepare and present updated timeline plans and scenariosCollaborate with the marketing team to provide a variety of packaging solutions that embody an appropriate luxury brand image, and allow for differentiation among various product lines, etc.
Ensure all packaging is designed and manufactured to meet functionality requirements, ship test standards, alastin sustainability standards, alastin beauty aesthetics standards, and any other pertinent quality specifications.
Identify and define key packaging performance metrics and standards.
Issue and maintain vendor quality scorecards with all primary packaging vendors in partnership with quality assurance.
Collaborate with quality assurance and r&d to solve any component-related issues at the cmo’s.
Partner with operations and finance to ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner.
Notify product development teams of critical issues and appropriate next steps.
Partner with product development team and marketing to approve all packaging artwork and facilitate the process.
Present packaging options from various vendors that meet our cost targets and launch milestones.
· work in close coordination with the planning and project manager to ensure that all component requirements are met to support finished goods requirements.
· coordinate with the planning and project manager on phaseout plans for discontinued items or packaging revisions.
· serve as the packaging leader/team contact for international expansion of alastin products.
· ba/bs degree required, or equivalent education and directly related years of experience
· 5-7 years of experience in beauty/luxury skin care industry or similarExperience in physician-dispensed market a plus.
· previous experience working with cmos in a fast-paced cpg-like environment preferred
· highly structured and organized in designing and executing testing protocols
· basic knowledge of erp systems for planning, scheduling, purchasing and inventory management
· proficient in microsoft office including word, excel and powerpoint
· ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with employees and all other internal and external contacts
· ability to think strategically and be solution-oriented and work cross functionally with multiple departments
· strong project management, analytical and organizational skills
· demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced and collaborative environment
· travel estimated at 10-20%
· must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
· the person in this position needs to occasionally stoop, bend, and kneel
· must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
· constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
Job type: full-time
Paid time off
8 hour shift
Work location: remote
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Employer reviewed job 2 days ago
Posted 21 days ago