The automotive industry is undergoing a massive transition adapting to disruptive technologies that are forcing manufacturers to rethink not only how they build cars (from internal combustion to electric), but also how they sell cars to consumers. Our team is passionate about addressing real-world problems that help our clients navigate these once-in-a-century transitions: from assisting with thousands of vehicle logistics transports per day to helping millions of consumers in need of roadside assistance every year, we aim to put our clients in the heroic spotlight with every consumer touchpoint. We’re looking for enthusiastic problem solvers and leaders who are ready to join a fast paced organization and make a big impact at scale in a job that really matters – creating outstanding experiences that deliver exceptional outcomes to millions of motorists and passengers every year.
About the Role:
The Senior Product Manager – Electric Vehicle (EV) – is tasked with identifying new opportunities and taking proof of concepts to scale in our growing Electric Vehicle Segment. With a strong combination of business acumen, data analysis, and product focus, this role will evaluate Agero’s own product capabilities and use these insights to develop short and long term strategies to drive top and bottom line growth. The Senior Product Manager will work closely with business GMs, operations, data science, finance and clients, to inform and influence our growth and strategic plans and to develop go-to-market strategies for new product lines.
You will be expected to develop a deep understanding of all of Agero’s business lines, the underlying economics and current performance versus the market, build and invest in relationships across multiple functions within the organization and externally with clients. You will also establish yourself as a subject matter expert for the organization within the Electric Vehicle space.
- Complete a comprehensive Market Analysis
- Develop EV roadside product strategy & GTM plan
- Build foundation for EV product expansion
- Leverage data and collaborate with internal partners to optimize margins on new product launches
- Identify long-term greenfield opportunities to pursue to drive growth through adjacent products, services, partnerships or acquisitions
- Develop a strong understanding of industry, client, and future prospect needs and opportunities
- Identify and size new growth opportunities, evaluate the market and competitive environment, and develop go-to-market strategies for Agero’s Electric Vehicle segment.
- Partner cross-functionally to build and effectively present an EV service portfolio to business leaders, product leaders and executives.
- Leverage data to research and analyze market trends, customer behaviors, and opportunities to develop EV business cases for product and resource investment decisions.
- Meet with internal customers (Sales, Client Services, Operations, etc.) to understand and prioritize their needs and translate their strategic business questions/concerns into products that are consistent with growth and bottom line initiatives.
- Develop hypotheses, gather feedback, and perform A/B testing where appropriate
- 4-7 years of Product Management & Strategy experience within the Electric Vehicle segment.
- Knowledge of engineering and technology, algorithms, data analysis
- Prior experience partnering with operations teams, strong plus would be operations teams associated with vehicle logistics
Skills and Attributes:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Data Savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Teamwork - capable of effectively collaborating with engineers and senior executives alike.
- Analytical ability to unpack complex problems, synthesize data, and identify root issues
- Strong communication and intuition for customer experience strategy at every level - within teams, across the company, to users, to the media, and executive leadership
- Strong blend of Strategy, financial and technical aptitude.
- Outwardly curious, comfortable with ambiguity and the need to seek clarity from external stakeholders
- Intellectually honest: able to pivot to stop an initiative if the data supports that decision
United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, and VA
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.