This position is responsible for the development and production environments deployed across multiple AWS regions. Oversees public facing web servers. Works with development teams to integrate projects into production. Builds automation and productivity tools to streamline applications in production.Key Outcomes:
- Provides Linux administration and tuning
- Sets up, runs, and monitors public-facing web servers (nginx, apache, etc)
- Performs shell scripting in at least one dynamic programming language (Python preferred)
- Responsible for setup and maintenance of a distributed data store (Mesos, Cassandra, Zookeeper, Hbase, Kafka etc).
- Maintain Mesosphere DCOS clusters with Docker containers
- Works closely with development teams to integrate projects into the production AWS environment and ensure its ongoing support
- Troubleshoots software stack as needed.
- Builds engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
- 5+ years of DevOps Engineer experience
- Experience implementing a process automation solution (Puppet, Chef, or similar)
- Networking experience: Route53, ELB, Cloudfront etc
- Experience with Docker or ECS; AWS - VPC, Lambda, Elastic BeanStalk, Archiving and API Management
- Experience with Cassandra, Hadoop, HBase, or Spark
- Strong with automation (Python / Bash / Ruby)
- Configuration management (Puppet / Chef)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios / Cacti)
- Experience with change control practices
- Experience monitoring and supporting multi-tier application clusters
United States: AZ, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, TX and VA
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.Looking to learn more about each of our Associate Resource Groups? Watch the short videos below highlighting each group, featuring their Co-Leads!
- Black Leaders Action Community (B.L.A.C.)
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Women Who Lead
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD TO OR CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.