Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
Role Description and Mission:
About the Role
Agero is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to focus on CI/CD pipeline development and automation. We are a highly automated team using continuous integration with model, integration, and system tests to build a high quality product while maintaining a high velocity. You will be joining a team that is going through a period of high growth.
- Deployments to Development, Staging and Production:
- Manage deployments to each environment:
- Utilize Github protocols to determine and resolve root causes of merge conflicts or version mismatches
- Utilize the deployment Runbook for Hotfix deployment as needed
- Review, troubleshoot and approve Ruby on Rails (Ruby) scripting of the release bot app performed by more junior engineers to deploy code to different development environments
- Review, troubleshoot and approve Bash scripting pull requests drafted by more junior engineers and approve and offer feedback that will improve code quality
- Keep each environment working on a daily basis. Address any issues that might come up
- Use Datadog monitoring to keep each development environment uptime at 99.999 uptime
- Strategize and plan best use of Bash and Ruby scripting to automate health checks that will auto heal these environments in case of an error
- Implement auto scaling strategies to address higher than usual traffic on these development environments;
- Assess the historical load and implement an autoscaling mechanism to add additional resources and computing to these environments in order to perform their workloads.
- Plan with DevOps on capacity planning and monitoring using Datadog
- Analyze developer workflow by working closely with team leads and attending squad standup meetings and suggest improvements
- Utilize Ruby and Bash to create tools to help engineers with their development workflow
- Write infrastructure as script using Terraform to help create Heroku, AWS, Datadog and other technology
- Write script using Circle CI yaml to help create development pipelines that will push code to the Dev, Staging and Production environments
- Write bash scripts and Ruby scripts to automate the way we push code while adding a security check for vulnerabilities
- Build Circle CI yaml and Bash scripting Canary Stages to our CI/CD pipeline
- Add stages that will include stress testing mechanisms using Ruby on Rails, Python and bash scripting
- Add health checks to prevent deployments to production during outages or 3rd party service failures utilizing infrastructure as code using Terraform and bash scripting
- Automation for development, staging and production environment
- Write bash scripting to help automate development workflows so that manual processes that are currently run by developers are automated
- Help to automate the local development health check monitoring and logging mechanism which is either not there or faulty
- Utilize Terraform to deploy and manage infrastructure
- Bash scripting for tooling and automation of engineering workflows and CI/CD
D, E & I Mission & Culture at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.Looking to learn more about each of our Associate Resource Groups? Watch the short videos below highlighting each group, featuring their Co-Leads!
- Black Leaders Action Community (B.L.A.C.)
- Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
- Women Who Lead
United States: AZ, CA, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, TX, VA or WA.
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area