Wherever drivers go, we’re leading the way. Agero’s mission is to rethink the vehicle ownership experience through a powerful combination of passionate people and data-driven technology, strengthening our clients’ relationships with their customers. As the #1 B2B, white-label provider of digital driver assistance services, we’re pushing the industry in a new direction, taking manual processes, and redefining them as digital, transparent, and connected. This includes: an industry-leading dispatch management platform powered by Swoop; comprehensive accident management services; knowledgeable consumer affairs and connected vehicle capabilities; and a growing marketplace of services, discounts and support enabled by a robust partner ecosystem. The company has over 150 million vehicle coverage points in partnership with leading automobile manufacturers, insurance carriers and many others. Managing one of the largest national networks of service providers, Agero responds to approximately 12 million service events annually. Agero, a member company of The Cross Country Group, is headquartered in Medford, Mass., with operations throughout North America. To learn more, visit www.agero.com.
About the Role:
Designs, troubleshoots, and maintains logical designs of n-tier, component-based enterprise application systems utilizing a component-based platform that leverages XML/JSON Web services. Supports existing business systems applications and their underlying infrastructure. Ensures that application design aligns with the organization’s strategic technology direction. Provides consultation in regard to application design assistance, technical requirement specification, and level of effort estimates. Recommends strategies for improving system applications with a focus on ease of deployment, security, reliability, stability, and performance.
- Drives the development of a global system and software architecture.
- Contributes to business requirement definition and use case design as technical expert.
- Plans and executes “zero down-time” software deployments.
- Converts business requirements into architectural designs and detailed technical designs.
- Identifies tasks, effort and dependencies based on software architecture and specifications
- Drive optimal solution design collaborating with product owners, architects, and cross functional teams
- Translates designs and specifications into software components and writes software code/components
- Develops data layer and objects using object-oriented design skills
- Defines test cases, leads code reviews and generates and maintains relevant documentation.
- Develop and maintain continuous deployment architectures
- Deployment of services and applications to AWS
- Serve on the on-call rotation with other engineers on the team
- 3-5 years software application development and design experience.
- Proficient in SQL, PostGres SQL, Oracle, Python, Cloud based platform, React, HTML, RestAPIs and NoSQL
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application deep understanding of API design and best practices
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with various design, architectural patterns and continuous integration
- Working knowledge of Datadog, Docker, Jenkins, AWS, React, Async Python, Scrum/Kanban
D, E & I Mission at Agero:
We are all Change Drivers at Agero. Each day, we speak to thousands of drivers and tow professionals across one of the most diverse countries in the world. Our mission to safeguard drivers on the road, strengthen our clients’ relationships with their drivers, and support the communities we live and work in unites us together as one force driving positive change.
The road to positive change starts inside Agero. In celebrating each other’s differences, we lift each other up and create space for innovation and community. Bringing our whole selves to work powers our commitment, drive, agility, and courage - ensuring we are not only changing the landscape of the driver services industry, we also are making a difference in the lives of our customers with each call, chat, and rescue.
United States: AZ, CA, FL, NC, IL, KY, MA, MI, NM, TN, TX, VA or WA.
Canada: Province of Ontario
Northern Ireland: Greater Belfast Area